Muntons Premium Cellar Cabernet Sauvignon 30 Bottle Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevvies-a-plenty

Reaction score
just bottled 30 of these sampled one last night and am rather satisfied with the results not over dry good body and very more-ish and that was after being bottled for 24hrs so hopefully come christmas at will be even better you get good instructions 5ltrs of grape con two sachets of finings yeast and stabiliser and only 30 - 35 pounds i make that a real bargain for wine of this quality

I agree. Very easy quaffing wine and cheap at the price. Just finished bottling my second 30 bottles. I tend to use 5 litre boxes for this wine. Save the bottles for my expensive wines , Kenridge Classic Chateau du Roi and Kenridge Showcase Australian Cabernet Sauvignon.

Does anyone know what the strength of this, as per the instructions (ie no added sugar)? I could find no indication printed and, having failed "agitate" properly, I was getting SG readings of about 1.050. Will the yeast agitate itself or should I invest in a long sterile stirrer and worry the brew again?

You should always worry the brew every day for the first week of fermentation. The more worried it is the better, in fact.

Thanks Tim. Labour was rewarded by the aroma :)

In answer to the rest of my question, answer was only just made, in an adjacent thread: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38245

SG = 1.075 when following instructions. Potentially 12% ABV.

just bottled mine this morning. got 27.5 bottles but spilt a bit and drank a bit lol. mine fermented out at 12.5% and is drinkable now but give it a few months and it will be even better and all for £18 in wilko sale :-)

Mine's been bubbling through the airlock steadily for the last 20 days (extra 1.7kg sugar)! Last coupla days have slowed markedly and based on last SG reading I assume it is now completely dry and the yeast is in its death throes...

__UPDATE__ (7/7/13)
Read http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10179 and decided I need to get it off the sediment right now. It's been 30 days and I got a SG of 0.993. Very dark still. Smells pretty good for immature wine. Unsure whether to add the treatments in the kit or let time run its course.

__UPDATE__ (2/9/13)
Wisp of smeg in the airlock. Next racking direct to bottle as concerned about the few litres of air at the FV head now that airlock activity has ceased and ambient temperature dropped.

Latest posts

Back