Red Wine Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderwoman

Regular.
Reaction score
Since I am into brewing beer and the inlaw really enjoys his red wine, I thought it might make a great Christmas gift for him to make his one wine. I believe he made some many many years ago and the guests left their house absolutely smashed lol! :D

I don't know anything about making wine or which kits would be good or what to watch out for, so please if you could recommend a kit for (full bodied dry) red wine, that would be great. He likes Malbec and Bordeaux, Merlot that sort of wine.

I have just made a House of Beaverdale Merlot kit and I'm hoping to bottle it on Sun and will let you know how it turns out.
Was very easy to follow the instructions and do but my first attempt at wine so dear only knows what it'll be like lol

Beaverdale kits are excellent, I'm a big fan of the Shiraz but the others are nice too.

I'd get it on sooner rather than later as the longer you can leave before drinking the better, I made some for my father in law for Father's Day, but made it in January and it was fantastic.

If you can stretch to a 30 bottle kit it works out about £1.20 a bottle, the 6 bottle kits work out to be about £2 a bottle.

Fraid it may be a day or two before I'm bottling now, may have made a slight foo pah bl--dy wine is still full of gas. My fault for not checking properly.

Latest posts

Back