Wilko Wheat Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done that kit, it is a 2 can kit, was £23 when I got it, it went off like a rocket and blew the lid off the fv

I've done that kit, it is a 2 can kit, was �£23 when I got it, it went off like a rocket and blew the lid off the fv
with all due respect Kman...rockets, poppers,... whatever - what was the result and was it palatable??
The FORUM needs quantifiable information to guide our members to brew the best beer and wine possible...MY HEADS SPINNING...doest count:lol:

I am with kman on this one, make sure your f v has plenty of headroom because I have done this a lot and my first two blew the lid off and made a hell of a mess, but it is the best wheat beer by far.

I am with kman on this one, make sure your f v has plenty of headroom because I have done this a lot and my first two blew the lid off and made a hell of a mess, but it is the best wheat beer by far.

perhaps swap the yeast out for a mj m20 then - very well behaved:grin:

if you can, go into wilko and have a look.maybe just out of stock online. i was in one today and there was 3 or 4 of this kit on the shelf.
Got into my local Wilko today.
Three very bashed up boxes with no yeast in two of them. I took the fourth and last one which had yeast.
So if anyone else buys this kit, check there is yeast in the box before you leave the store.
Also I did notice there is only 6g of yeast in the packet, I assume that means it's a Muntons kit :whistle:.

64937ce3c92980cd852c5892942756ef.jpg

Yep blew my lid off. Less than 24 hrs and going well. 🖒

I ordered one delivered to my store via their website :)

Little worried about this escaping

I ordered one delivered to my store via their website :)

Little worried about this escaping

I will be using a blow off tube when I get round to doing mine.
And if that doesn't work (like it didn't for the Youngs AIPA I recently did) I will just crack the lid, cover that area of the lid and let it ooze out.
Short of splitting and separately brewing in two FVs that's all you can do.

I will be using a blow off tube when I get round to doing mine.
And if that doesn't work (like it didn't for the Youngs AIPA I recently did) I will just crack the lid, cover that area of the lid and let it ooze out.
Short of splitting and separately brewing in two FVs that's all you can do.

I've tried a blow off tube before and it didn't seem to work.

I'll short brew to 20l and pitch at 20c to see if that helps.

Did anyone add any sugar or spraymalt to this ?

I've tried a blow off tube before and it didn't seem to work.

I'll short brew to 20l and pitch at 20c to see if that helps.

Did anyone add any sugar or spraymalt to this ?

I did the kit straight up and found it a bit weak so think next time I'll add a bit of sugar to bump abv up

If I added 500g of light spray malt to the brew how much would that increase the abv by?

If I added 500g of light spray malt to the brew how much would that increase the abv by?

or add 500g of dried wheat extract as it's a wheat beer :-)

re abv. i'd plug the figures into a beercalc until you get the estimated kit abv then add 500g for your answer or reduce liquor(water) volume if brewing short.

I don't brew to 25 litres as I can't lift it :-( about 23 is my limit thus I always brew short :???:

Latest posts

Back