Thinking going back to corni kegs!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumb:I'm made up!
thanks for explations...I knew it but couldn't get the names out:doh:
I'm going to read it again...n again...n again then decide what ask to do then...prob be the morning now due to medication intake:-x
I thx u so far guys n girls...
ill do the stage and report back....then await more instruction..if you don't mind...:whistle:

The keg lid needs a couple of psi to fully seal. I usually give it 10.

1 is your beer line and 2 is your gas line.

3 is the manometer which tells you the pressure inside the keg (if it's connected).

4 is the shank, which screws onto the back of 11, your faucet. 7 screws onto the back of the faucet. 10 is the tap handle and 5 is the collar (you'll only really need this if you intend on mounting the faucet/shank through a fridge or freezer door)

One each of 6 screw onto the thread on 8 (gas disconnect - this goes onto the post marked In on the corny) and 9 (liquid disconnect, this goes onto the post marked out on the corny).

Your beer line (1) will connect 7 and 9, your gas line (2) will connect your regulator (3 - via the grey push fit at the bottom) with 8.

Not sure on 12, could you take a photo of just that part?

12 regulator/bottle seal washer or could also be c-clips to seal the jg fittings against accidental disconnection.

on your way Bri ;)

Morning Fil and fellow HB's...
Went to sleep thinking about the set up!!...woke thinking about it!!! Omg I've got it bad!! Lol.
Well this morning is set up time...once I've got my second coffee that is!
Going to phone Ashley gases at Sunderland to make sure there open..
Might is well to a mini WIP type o thing seems as I'm not fully able with the hands department!! Lol
I've got plumber tape and few tools to attach the fittings...
But the wood block needs cut to measure and a wood drill thingy to drill the hole perfectly...saw and work bench here we come....a visit via whicks to get a wood drill...
Pics TBC...

Well getting the tap to sit properly with one handed operation was tricky! But balanced next to the freezer and take the pics eventually sorted!!
In the 2nd pic do you think nuff room for the threads??

I'll cut it once I get the go ahead lol..
Least I don't have de-snow the car like yesterday!! Me n snow don't get on!! Only fell ova once so I'm chuffed!!
NOTE TO SELF! wearing slippy shoes isn't the best thing to wear in snow!!
Right...nearly off to phone phone Ashley gasses...

Me being me!! Is the white washer (and one spare) are for the tank IN?
I'll take the regulator and hope a bloke would help to put it one!! Taking the plumber tape...
If not I'll get it sorted lol

Hi!
Yes - the white washer goes inside the nut that tightens the regulator onto the gas bottle.
It needs to be tight, but don't overtighten or it will distort the washer.
Yes, I know - how tight is tight? :smile:

Thx pal
I should swear!!! But I'll not!!
Wtf does the ministry of transport spring roadworks on a Saturday!! If the roads are chocka with going shopping!!! 2.5hrs in two sprung up roads works...one closed!! Not happy....only 4 miles...but my bladder packed in!!! (Like us wanted to know that!!)
....change of clothes then I tried to pick up the regulator!!! One handed.....omg! Dropped it!!
Think I've got spares...

RANT OVER!!!
More pics incoming!!!
Tbc

The fruits of my slogging ova to Sunderland n back....
Thx pal for the company..once I found it they'll were great..

Setting up the regulator...nay probs..

This was hard with one hand...managed...but two hands would do it perfect..still not sure that it's in properly!! Obvousy using co2 for leaks..

Cut the board and 22mm thingy got it in with a bit off Persuasion..

The set up!

But due to that knackered attachment..I've got no more to fit into the beer line!!

Can anybody send a link what they are & where to buy spares...
One thing I learnt!! It's a two hand operation to set it up!! But I managed....just!
Any help with the set up you can see I'd appreciated it!!!
Nearly there....
Must do a brew day soon...to fill the corni...
Strip the corni and cleaning and stelizing..
Thx for viewing...I'm chinned lol..

Bri if you are struggling with judging the length of pipe inside a push fit fitting pre mark the pipe with a felt tip pen about an inch from the end you are pushing in, that will give you a reference point as to how much pipe is inside the fitting.

Latest posts

Back