London attack.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they may have identified potential fundamentalists not active ones.

A bit like George Orwell's thought police ( or Tom Crusie's Minority report) , we should just decide that we don't like what some people are thinking and not just keep an eye on them but actively lock them up and then sink the boat! Don't wait for them to act prerform a pre emptive strike maybe and damn the consequences?
So when we have dealt with all of the Islamists we can then round on another section of society who do not think properly , be it communism, hippies,homosexuality, Americans and so on. It's a slippery slope to lock people up for thinking AND you would need a big boat or warehouse for all the thought criminals

We can only deal with those we catch or those whose plans we discover, anything else brings us down to the level of the terrorist. You will end up demanding proof that you are NOT a witch or ISIS or moslem by quoting the National anthem maybe. I don't want to live in that place, it sounds like a slightly more civilised caliphate but just as wrong!

This. :thumb:

Many people would argue that ISIS are following their religion and doing much the same as 'the most perfect man' was doing during his later life.

Let's face it, Islam is a collection of bad ideas, and even mainstream Muslim attitudes often don't really work in modern western society. What's worse is they are actually going in reverse and getting further away from reforming.

Which other religion puts peoples lives in danger if they openly critise it?
Which other religion has the death sentence for leaving it, in many Muslim countries?

In my opinion all religions are a collection of bad ideas. There are plenty of examples of violence against non-believers from all religions across the world. There are certain parts of Christian america where declaring your an atheist is down right dangerous. There are hundreds of examples of Hindu violence against other religious peoples in India. Violence against non-believers is not exclusive to Islam.

I will concede that they are particular nasty to apostates.

The "Ten Commandments", IF FOLLOWED, will ensure that ANY group of people living together can do so as a cohesive unit with a minimum of conflict.

The first four are to bring a group together by means of a common belief.

1. I am the Lord thy God and thou shalt have no other gods before me.
(Called "monotheism" it stops there being multiple Gods.)
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
(Worshipping idols and figurines was common. Islam takes this to
mean there can be no portrayal of people.)

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
(Blasphemy is a serious crime. Deservedly so as it undermines
the aims of the Commandments themselves.)

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
(The Holy Day [or holiday as it is called today] gave people a break
from work but they were expected to spend it in prayer.)

The final six are to ensure that a group of people can live in harmony as they live their lives alongside each other.

5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, wife, servants, animals, or anything else.
(By agreeing with these commandments we actually list all the ways
in which we would like OTHER people to treat US.)

There is NOTHING wrong with religion itself ... :thumb:

... but there IS a lot wrong with the way in which many religions are interpreted and practised. :doh:

On a less serious note I'm a bit jealous how dutto manages to brew a batch more or less every other week

We debate and look for answers. These barbaric mutants just seek to kill and destroy our way of life. Seems a waste of resources to keep playing hot political potato to me.
It's an act of treason. Send them to the guillotine with they're last meal choice being made for them. A flap of bacon in a bap

they could have a pint and a bag of pork scratchings:thumb:

, how many mugs are there out there ?

Loads by the look of it. :lol:

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Let's put this into simple terms. Man has testorone. Man needs to release testorone. Preferably into a woman's rude bits.
These vile sods aren't allowed. Cos a book they read prevents them so unless it's arranged. If they date regular, apparently Satan is sitting in the same room. I'm assuming watching whilst salivating.
Basically if u were having to soak up a wet dream each week ur gonna get ****** off eventually. Ur gonna hate a lot more on people in the free world.
If you look into what ur allowed not to do in this religion it's really depressing. Taking away ones feelings is a ridiculous journey to self loathing and depression.
On a lighter note, I hope everyone's enjoying they're weekend. I'm drinking an Adam's broadside. Bit strong but it's Saturday so what the hell

In my opinion all religions are a collection of bad ideas. There are plenty of examples of violence against non-believers from all religions across the world. There are certain parts of Christian america where declaring your an atheist is down right dangerous. There are hundreds of examples of Hindu violence against other religious peoples in India. Violence against non-believers is not exclusive to Islam.

I will concede that they are particular nasty to apostates.

I put Islam way ahead when it comes to oppression of minorities, it's written clearly in the Koran to oppress the kufar.
To compare Christians in America to most Islamic countries is classic cultural relativism.

https://youtu.be/Qg3o7YEprYA

Let's put this into simple terms. Man has testorone. Man needs to release testorone. ..........l

BEWARE!
If you carry on reading,
the fruit counter in Tesco will never look the same again!

The Middle East is where the following saying originated:

"A woman for duty,

a boy for pleasure,

and a melon for sheer joy!

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:​

Let's put this into simple terms. Man has testorone. Man needs to release testorone. Preferably into a woman's rude bits.
These vile sods aren't allowed. Cos a book they read prevents them so unless it's arranged. If they date regular, apparently Satan is sitting in the same room. I'm assuming watching whilst salivating.
Basically if u were having to soak up a wet dream each week ur gonna get ****** off eventually. Ur gonna hate a lot more on people in the free world.
If you look into what ur allowed not to do in this religion it's really depressing. Taking away ones feelings is a ridiculous journey to self loathing and depression.

Know many Muslims?

My 8 yr old lad plays footie for a local team ( Netherton Juniors ) We all had a minutes silence this morning just before kick off, very moving.
On a better note, he scored an absolute worldie to put his side 2-1 up before the final whistle, he scored both goals actually but the 2nd goal was sheer class.
And so i sit here having a beer reflecting on todays game and the day in general...appreciate the good things in life because you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back