Looking for

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Mick

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon pressure keg (plastic) with a 2"cap.
The flow tap at the bottom is leaking when the keg is under pressure, And I want to replace the tap, but I can't find a spanner long enough that goes inside and holds the backing nut.
It has to be 18" long and it has to hold the backing nut while you screw in the tap.
Any Ideas ANYBODY,
P.S, the guy at my local brew shop wants to charge me £20.00 for the repair which includes a new tap (new tap £5.29 for the better tap Amazon)

Has it got a backing nut on a 2 inch cap necked barrel? New to me,they usually just threaded and tightened against a rubber washer,the kks have the backing nut.
Just been in shed and looked at one I cut in half and the barrel is threaded to take the threaded tap( small neck budget barrel)

Mick
My understanding is that normally on a 2" cap barrel, the thread on the tap is a reducing thread i.e narrowest at the barrel end. So you don't need a nut at the back, especially since you can't get at it!
Can you actually see a nut?
Have you tried to unscrew the tap to see what happens?

Hi, Thank you all.
I have a king keg and I thought they were all the same(not).
I have just looked inside the keg and you were all right It just screws in doah!!!
So that I now know it just screws in can I fit any screw in tap ???
thanks

Latest posts

Back