Cloudwater citra ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shaping a recipe up to test out the Vermont strain. There is also a Vermont/Brett mix strain in the U.S. That could be seriously interesting.

Not tried then citra IPA myself. But I have heard good things about it. The two brewers are the ex head Brewers from brew dog if my memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't know they were from brewdog. I love the Vermont yeast, got about 5 more brews planned with it, all hoppy pales of some description. I wouldn't use it for bitters etc though.

Never tried to brew or even had a commercial Brett beer. Doubt I'll get round to trying to brew one either.

Had version 2 and didn't think that much of it.
Thought the version 3 was better, but don't see what all the hype is about

I'm shaping a recipe up to test out the Vermont strain. There is also a Vermont/Brett mix strain in the U.S. That could be seriously interesting.

Not tried then citra IPA myself. But I have heard good things about it. The two brewers are the ex head Brewers from brew dog if my memory serves me correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've tried the Funktown blend from Yeast Bay which is a mix of Vermont and "wild" saccharomyces (I guess they mean Brux trois). I used it in a pale ale with amarillo and citra and it really boosted the fruitiness.

I've tried the Funktown blend from Yeast Bay which is a mix of Vermont and "wild" saccharomyces (I guess they mean Brux trois). I used it in a pale ale with amarillo and citra and it really boosted the fruitiness.

Sounds interesting. Do you need a separate dedicated fermenter for that, as you would with Brett?

Back