Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What temperature have people found works best for dispensing mini kegs, I now have a dedicated beer fridge.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

On average, I guess my beer temperature (whether in bottle. MK or Keg) is somewhere around 16 to 18 degree mark.

In the summer I drink it as soon as I get it out of the garage, but in winter I like to bring it into the house and let it warm up for 24 hours to the unheated kitchen temperature.

When I was a lad, beer was never sold "chilled" and the barrels were mainly kept underground in the pub's cellar. i.e. Cool all year round; but never cold!

I like to taste my beer because I work hard to produce it and wait a long time before I drink it ... :thumb:

... and drinking chilled beer definitely stuns the taste buds. :doh:

I got a keg with one inside, doesn't bother me
Wont the bung perish over time?

Just been round the block a lot of times.

Got one barrel of grahame Green Ipa from costo and one speckled hen from Morrisons.

See if these are better

Wont the bung perish over time?

Just been round the block a lot of times.

Got one barrel of grahame Green Ipa from costo and one speckled hen from Morrisons.

See if these are better

I can only guess plastic has a long shelve life.

As for serving temp I just draw mine from the garage in winter. Come summer they sit in the fridge at around 6c

Quick question... I just batch primed 19ltrs. Put 83g table sugar in.

Now realised 5ltrs is going in a mini keg. Should I add any more sugar? It's approx 4.5g a litre. So 22.5g for the keg. That should be plenty shouldn't it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quick question... I just batch primed 19ltrs. Put 83g table sugar in.

Now realised 5ltrs is going in a mini keg. Should I add any more sugar? It's approx 4.5g a litre. So 22.5g for the keg. That should be plenty shouldn't it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I usually prime at 20g per keg so 22.5g is fine :thumb:

So tonight I finished off my mini keg kegerator. Home Bar set from Leyland homebrew.

Currently powered with 16g co2 cartridges but long term plan is to add a mini welding co2 canister.

Bit of a head on the pint as I had the gas too high and the keg was warm but couldn't wait to give it a try.

ec557805a88563479d46ad366d76f7ea.jpg

594d9a52389a0ba33a7ad4cefbb8b51c.jpg

cbd3caf53e858a2758bba0f12ed2d29f.jpg

So tonight I finished off my mini keg kegerator. Home Bar set from Leyland homebrew.

Currently powered with 16g co2 cartridges but long term plan is to add a mini welding co2 canister.

Bit of a head on the pint as I had the gas too high and the keg was warm but couldn't wait to give it a try.

ec557805a88563479d46ad366d76f7ea.jpg

594d9a52389a0ba33a7ad4cefbb8b51c.jpg

cbd3caf53e858a2758bba0f12ed2d29f.jpg

Amazing. Talk us through it all.

I managed to pick up the fridge locally for £25, drilled a 25mm hole in the top. Lined the hole with foil tape for protection so the insulation is protected. I purchased the kit from Leyland homebrew and put it all together. Not much to it really. Really impressed with the setup.

It could work out quite expensive with the 16g CO2 cartridges so I've 3D printed a 16g to 8g CO2 cartridge adapter so I can use the easily available 8g bulbs of which I have plenty in stock. In the future I will add a different co2 setup which goes to a 1/4 inch inlet into the mini keg. I will also adapt so I can run a cornie keg too.

I might look at producing some 16g to 8g co2 adapters and put them up for sale if there is demand?

All instructions were in German so not too helpful but I translated them and still a bit vague, but obvious really when it comes down to it. The parts are high quality and I can see them lasting being of Deutsch origin.

Some links

http://www.leyland-home-brew.co.uk/home-bar-set-1502-p.asp £119

Or cheaper direct from the supplier although I only found this later on
http://www.wecomatic.com/tapping-beer/26/set-home-beer-bar-for-5-l-kegs/cans?c=15

I managed to pick up the fridge locally for �£25, drilled a 25mm hole in the top. Lined the hole with foil tape for protection so the insulation is protected. I purchased the kit from Leyland homebrew and put it all together. Not much to it really. Really impressed with the setup.

It could work out quite expensive with the 16g CO2 cartridges so I've 3D printed a 16g to 8g CO2 cartridge adapter so I can use the easily available 8g bulbs of which I have plenty in stock. In the future I will add a different co2 setup which goes to a 1/4 inch inlet into the mini keg. I will also adapt so I can run a cornie keg too.

I might look at producing some 16g to 8g co2 adapters and put them up for sale if there is demand?

All instructions were in German so not too helpful but I translated them and still a bit vague, but obvious really when it comes down to it. The parts are high quality and I can see them lasting being of Deutsch origin.

Some links

http://www.leyland-home-brew.co.uk/home-bar-set-1502-p.asp �£119

Or cheaper direct from the supplier although I only found this later on
http://www.wecomatic.com/tapping-beer/26/set-home-beer-bar-for-5-l-kegs/cans?c=15

Excellent I didn't know Leyland did the full kit.

Can't understand the german site though.

I got to say the party star is worth the extra �£'s. And co2 and no2 aren't that expensive via eBay. Just bought 24 bulbs of no2 from eBay for �£9 delivered. It's great I can use no2 for stouts etc. I never get a foamy pint and it pours a lovely pint.

Sorry to pick up on this after a while, but I'm just getting into Easy Kegs. I can't find nitrogen capsules for a Party Star Tap on eBay? What should I search for?

Also... the threaded 16g CO2 capsules (used by cyclists) look cheaper than the unthreaded I bought at Leyland. BUT would they work in a Party Star Tap?

Loving the beer pour from the Easy Keg! Totally inspired by this forum.

Sorry to pick up on this after a while, but I'm just getting into Easy Kegs. I can't find nitrogen capsules for a Party Star Tap on eBay? What should I search for?

Also... the threaded 16g CO2 capsules (used by cyclists) look cheaper than the unthreaded I bought at Leyland. BUT would they work in a Party Star Tap?

Loving the beer pour from the Easy Keg! Totally inspired by this forum.

Most of the nitrogen bulbs are 8g, I have a home made adapter to get them to fit.

I have seen 16g on a homebrew site, will have to do some googling to find them.

I am not sure if threaded bulbs work.

Latest posts

Back