What other hobbies do you have?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I play a little guitar, but no shredding, mainly stuff like Smashing pumpkins, Blind Melon, Bush..
I played in a Folk/rock dance band for years, where we got a nice English country dance tune and played it very loud in a Reggae Style. It usually upset the womens institute but we lasted for about 12 years so I guess we were not all bad. The only lasting effect was to give me dreadful tinnitus:whistle:

I played in a Folk/rock dance band for years, where we got a nice English country dance tune and played it very loud in a Reggae Style. It usually upset the womens institute but we lasted for about 12 years so I guess we were not all bad. The only lasting effect was to give me dreadful tinnitus:whistle:

Not Edward 2nd and the red hot polkas?

I'm a football fan, although I've not been down to Sunderland for a game since my son was born 18 months ago. My 2 are old enough now that my wife can put them both to bed on her own, so once we stop losing every week my Dad and I can look to arranging a trip down.

I also love listening to music. My taste is pretty eclectic (I love everything from the odd pop artist [only the odd one] right through to metal) and I make sure I catch 2 or 3 brand new releases every Friday through Apple Music. If anyone cares, the new Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness album is my pick of the year so far for the indie-pop lovers of the forum.

I wouldn't bother mate Haha we are shocking!

A man/woman needs a hobby, if not two...

So, motorcycling, fishing (game, sea), allotment veggie growing, backpacking, and reading through the long dark Scottish winters, usually with a HB on the go...

I agree with earlier posts - it's good to share hobbies with your kids. I coach their rugby team on Sundays.
Now they are old enough my kids have started to come clay pigeon shooting with me.
Conversely, I've started helping with coaching their Inline Hockey team, and have now started training in a beginners team.
Next stop - hip/ knee replacement...

..I had a total hip replacement three years ago this coming March. ..I'll be 49 4th March.
I had surgery at 16, then 10 good years,then constant misery until my op. I'm now back to "normal"...and pain killer free..took all sorts of nasty prescription mind bending stuff for years..to the point of immunity. .
My life is changed and I didn't realise how bad I was.
The past 3 years has been a slow,steady recovery..gym,bike...enjoying myself and doing stuff with the wife and kids. My wonky pelvis has been a pig due to years of a shorter left leg and compensating..my surgeon put my leg back to the correct length so I've had loads of adjusting to do but things are good. I get a few niggles but exercise soon fixes it. I still have a few restrictions associated with hip replacement but that's a minor issue.
Life is good!

Cheers

Clint

I play the triangle in a reggae band, i just stand at the back and ting.

no but seriously.. I play lots of instruments... All terribly, but enjoy trying :) Drums, Guitar, Banjo, Ukulele, Keyboard. I also used to DJ but, just do that in my bedroom now.. too old for raving.

I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a black belt in Karate, but getting a bit too old for that too.

I'm interested in electronics and try and build my own amps and effects pedals and now decided I am going to build my own pub and brew my own cider.

Apart from that, not much ;)

Sport has always played a big part in my life and I've played and coached football and cricket.

Play squash twice a week and get out on the bike when I can.

As I'm a designer, I have a huge love of art and always have at least one project on, outside of work. I'm currently preparing a canvas for an acrylic work for the bedroom. I also have a pen and watercolour drawing waiting to complete. Many of the walls in our house are covered with something I've created. I also do quite a lot of photography - particularly architecture and landscapes/nature.

I love making bread (though I don't do much cooking) and love foraging for mushrooms to bring home and cook.

I also have an interest in antiques and may look to start an online business at some point. Love travelling to places I haven't seen before - off to Bucharest next week for a few days.

I love music, especially live music. Off to see Frank Turner in May (one of the best live acts around IMO) and Elbow and the Killers in Hyde Park in July. Do Glastonbury when I can, but not this year. Will no doubt see lots of smaller bands in pubs and clubs along the way.

Come the day I retire, I honestly don't think I'll ever be short of something to do!

Just looking at this again and my son has got me into fishing again as he wanted to go with me which leads me into have your kids joined your hobby or do they do something else?

We've been a couple of times now and the first one he caught a few fish. The second time we didnt catch anythign but as we were out in the cold for hours I had bought a few snacks and he sad it was the best day ever as I let him eat whatever he wanted. He also does karate, guitar and a kids club. My daughter is a helper at the kids club, girl guides, keyboard and does drama at school and is doing the school play atm.

I play a bit of touch rugby. Woodworking and metalworking when I can, which isn't often. Want to learn guitar. But generally a slave to a tedious life.

I quite enjoy baking. I also read a lot and I'm usually listening to music or gaming if I'm not brewing or doing some of the others. Of course looking after the kids takes up a fair bit of my free time these days.
There seems to be a good few gamers on here maybe we could do some online multiplayer matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a football fan, although I've not been down to Sunderland for a game since my son was born 18 months ago. My 2 are old enough now that my wife can put them both to bed on her own, so once we stop losing every week my Dad and I can look to arranging a trip down.

I also love listening to music. My taste is pretty eclectic (I love everything from the odd pop artist [only the odd one] right through to metal) and I make sure I catch 2 or 3 brand new releases every Friday through Apple Music. If anyone cares, the new Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness album is my pick of the year so far for the indie-pop lovers of the forum.
I've taken my music hobby one step further and become a blogger. The blog will also cover home brew - links in my sig.

I quite enjoy baking. I also read a lot and I'm usually listening to music or gaming if I'm not brewing or doing some of the others. Of course looking after the kids takes up a fair bit of my free time these days.
There seems to be a good few gamers on here maybe we could do some online multiplayer matches.

Maybe design a home brew game. You could have various problems come into it like mice eating the grain, infections, keeping mash temp right and finishing with "Oh no, you've got home brew twang"

online open ttd anyone :lol:

Gadgets, gaming , cooking and hiking !

Love my gadgets !! Home automation is the way forward .

Gaming - so miss the PC days of FPS and the days of clans ! Now into PS4.

Cooking - it's my way of relaxing when get home from the office . Shove me in a kitchen with a glass of home brew and I'm away !

Hiking - nothing like an early morning fell walk to earn that lunch time pint [emoji106]

Oh.. and I strum an acoustic. Probably badly [emoji6]

I’m a bit of a wood freak,this is the second house I’ve put a stove in.

CF673F4C-4342-48D4-A9E5-1A08D69CE93F.jpg

Back