Woodfords Buddy Box

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pith-head

Reaction score
After hearing so much about Woodfords Werry, and having no idea what it was, i just goggled it, and while looking at their web page, i noticed something called a buddy box, which is for storing your beer in, has any one here see one close up?

I was wondering if it could be used in home brewing in some way, would anyone know if it is? Or maybe the question should be are those things re usable?

by the looks of things, a buddy box is a poli pin, most micro brewery,s will sell you an 18 or 36 pint version, along with their beer of your choice.
You can use them in the home brew process, if you secondary ferment your brew in a fermenter and then put it in the poli pin you can use a beer engine to pull the beer out again.
keeping the beer away from the air on transfer can be a bit tricky, by squashing the pol pin flat and then conecting a pipe from your fermenter tap to the tap on the poli pin it is achiveable, if you go on brewery trips it is often a poli pin that the beer engine is attached to,
I hope this helps, i have not used one in years but still have one, as a reserve storage

Back