Better brew czech pilsner.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerhammer

Reaction score
going to make this kit up using 500g demerara sugar and 500g muntons light spray malt,which is pre hopped.I have some fresh fuggles and topaz hops.I also have some challenger pellets,and I would like to do a hop tea using one of these.But as the dme is allready hopped would a hop tea screw the flavour/smell?

nah, if you boil them for 10 minutes you'll get more aroma. seems a waste to me though. topaz are a new ipa/fruity bitter hop, i'd sooner make it up with your 500g spray malt and 500g sugar and drink it as it is, better brew kits are great! my best suggestion would be to boil some challenger hops for 10 mins in a few litres of water if you wanted to go that route...

Yes,but you have to time your run so the search lights dont pick you out.LOL!I was thinking of doing a coopers stout cherry brew,maybe chuck 20 cherrys in a grain bag and srait in the fv.What you think?yay or nay?

I've heard good things about that kit in it's standard form. Have you done it as per instructions before or is this your first time with it? I'd never have thought of putting English hops in something like a pilsener/European lager. Isn't it usually Saaz hops that are used? Let us know how it turns out :thumb:

Never done the pils but did the ipa a while ago and chucked a jar of asdas honey in.It was really good.The pils is fermenting as we speak,in the end I did a hop tea using topaz,500g light dme and 500g demerara sugar.Its gone off like a v8!Just itching to have a taste but will have to wait.Will let you know how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back