Cheap "no suck" syphon?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesw

Reaction score
Looks like a bargain. I use a plastic syringe inserted in the siphon tube. Many people do suck the tube and never get infections, but I'm convinced I've had infections caused by sucking, never had one since I used the syringe. Why sanitise to the hilt and then use your mouth and drop the tube into the beer as it fills the bottling bucket/FV?

It's not advertised as food safe that I can see, so worth checking if all those materials are. Dood safe at high temperatures is obviously also important if you're planning on moving hot wort with it.

Ordered, gotta be worth a go at 99p?! That's including free postage from China?!

We use those at work for fluid transfers. They do work, they're used for everything from diesel to distilled water as a way to decant from big containers to smaller more manageable amounts. Long as it's clean (residual chemicals) should be ideal for what you need.

Looks like they should work.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yL4UA6eZso[/ame]
Hopefully it will work as a normal syphon, if not I shall be using it to remove hydrometer samples without having to pour demijohns and buckets!

Just got mine today, seems ok, though one thing i dont think it does it continuously syphon stuff, it seems to need a manual hand pump to transfer stuff (a bit annoying because it is more of a pump than a syphon, unless mine isnt working, and others are?).

Just got mine today, seems ok, though one thing i dont think it does it continuously syphon stuff, it seems to need a manual hand pump to transfer stuff (a bit annoying because it is more of a pump than a syphon, unless mine isnt working, and others are?).

Haha, mine is **** too, not tried it on a full bucket yet but struggles with a 1/4 full one, maybe it will start easier when the bucket is full and continue to syphon there on, but not holding my breath...

its okay for sample extraction, but not for syphoning. ill probably make an ebay complaint for mal listing practice, if i dont win, its only 99p lol
they should have left out the word siphon

Back