MasterPint - Continental Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabby

Regular.
Reaction score
Not seen a review for this yet so figure I should do one.

Made up on 13/04 with 500g dextrose and 500g extra light spraymalt.

OG of 1.046.

Bottled on 22/04 at FG of 1.004.

Stuck one in the fridge yesterday and cracked it open tonight.

Its good. Very good body. Tastes like commercially bought lager from the local establishments. Just stronger.

Bit cloudy but I assume thats due to the spraymalt? Maybe it will drop clear in a few days / weeks in the fridge.

Time will tell.

Nice carbonation if I do say so myself :)

image.jpg

Cloudiness is caused by material still in suspension, yeast, proteins etc that will,settle over time. Lagers typically take several weeks to several months to clear.

Lagering refers to the storage, in a cool place for several months. Traditionally lagers for octoberfest would already be in storage before now.... just to give you an idea ;)

That looks quite clear for the age

Cloudiness is caused by material still in suspension, yeast, proteins etc that will,settle over time. Lagers typically take several weeks to several months to clear.

Lagering refers to the storage, in a cool place for several months. Traditionally lagers for octoberfest would already be in storage before now.... just to give you an idea ;)

That looks quite clear for the age

Cheers for info mate :)

Its slightly clearer in real life than in the picture ... definitely clearing with time (if you can call two weeks time .... lol).

Hi mate new to this but what temperature is best to let it ferment at? was going to put it in a garage but feels too cold currently in a spare bedroom at 20°c ish give or take will it be ok

20c was what I fermented mine at so you will be fine.

Its not a real lager, its a pseudo lager. ;)

Back