geterbrewed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niman

Reaction score
i have used this company a grand total of 3 times or attempted to and its pretty much been a bad experience.

order one was for a couple of hundred quid which included a few sacks of grain , glass carboys yada yada ..so in theory qualified for free postage.......but it didnt got a demanding email to add 2 times 4.95 postage to send......bear in mind im less than 20 miles away

canceled order and ordered from hbc ie and picked some bits up locally...also saved a few quid.

granted they have disclaimers about weight on orders now so lesson learned.

raised concerns here and all grand until i mentioned company name.....then i got wrists slapped cause they giving freebies at time...

gave it time

then i won the selection of hops...subject to review.....and an order.what ever happened the reviews?

placed order albeit fairly small half a dozen packs of yeast and a few bits along with the note "i won hops".

order arrived hops didnt.

wasnt too annoyed tbh was gonna do a brew with the whole lot in just for the hell of it.

final straw thursday decided to warm for my current yeast stocks

time for a saison

thought ill support local....
irony is if id ordered from the likes of malt miller it would have arrived by now (from past experience)

3 attempts to order ended up with "service unavailable" at this point cart was empty so had to repeat.

was 2 packs mg yeast

so then thought what the hell ordered 4 packs.

if it arrives will be worlds most expensive dried yeast due to 2 times 4.50 shipping charges

needless to say they messed up and i have multiple orders placed.

This is why I stick with Maltmiller
I think Ive ordered form them about 10 times and every time its been delivered correctly and on time. Ive even got to know the courier personally
"hello John, another delivery from Maltmiller will be with you in 30 mins"

Im all for giving people a chance...but to put things in context...my first attempt at an order from geterbrewed.....a maltmiller order ordered a full 24 hrs after geterbrewed...arrived befere getterbrewed had realised they wanted to screw me on postage..

But stilll i gave em a chnce or 2

I think your the same as me, I will always give a company a second chance, sometimes its not down to them , its the courier. I have noticed over the last 12 months that most companies are getting better at delivering on time. Not just HB companies, everyone.

I think your the same as me, I will always give a company a second chance, sometimes its not down to them , its the courier. I have noticed over the last 12 months that most companies are getting better at delivering on time. Not just HB companies, everyone.

DPD def doing well.

Most companies I deal with give you a tracking code. Geterbrewed doesn't check this box. :-(

I've ordered a few things from them and haven't had any more bother than I normally do getting parcels.

But, I do live in Beirut :-)

Most companies I deal with give you a tracking code. Geterbrewed doesn't check this box. :-(

I've ordered a few things from them and haven't had any more bother than I normally do getting parcels.

But, I do live in Beirut :-)

Im less than 20 miles from them which is why im annoyed that maltmiller and hbc for example can deliver b4 geterbrewed can dispatch.

I really like Geterbrewed. Their prices, range and the fact that you can buy things in small quantities is great.

I will admit there have been several occasions that I've ordered multiple quantities of the same thing and only received one, but they've always put it right and sent me the bits without question. I guess you will say that I shouldn't have to, but I just order well in advance now so that any missing bits can be sorted before I actually need them.

I've always received my orders within 48hrs too, with the exception of St. Patrick's Day and they use Parcel Force, which means if I miss it then I can collect from the Post Office 5min down the road, rather than collect from a depot an hour away with other couriers.

I take your point about spending £200 and having to pay double postage, but having spoken to them myself, they may well have waived it if questioned (again, perhaps you should not have to).

If I lived less than 20 miles away, I'd have been tempted to go and collect it and have a look about anyway.

Just my input, for what it's worth.

Regarding your first order, don't they charge £4.99 if the order weighs more than 30kgs regardless of whether you qualify for "regular" free postage or not? I'm sure this is clearly stated on the order confirmation email. EDIT: yip only orders under 27kg are delivered free. Clearly stated here: http://www.geterbrewed.com/free-shipping

For the second one, was the only thing you wrote in the comments "I won hops", did you not think you should have been a bit more specific? When I won an AG kit through them I was told I had to state what the competition was and where I'd won it etc. As they often run the same comp on Facebook, forums etc at the same time. Granted, perhaps they should have contacted you to ask about it rather than ignoring it. Did you contact them about not getting the hops? Did they send them out FOC?

For the last one, I don't quite understand what you are getting at. Did you manage to place 2 separate orders because the website was having problems? If so surely that's your fault not theirs - their website is quite good, can't you just log in and cancel one? Or you could have contacted them about the website issue, they might not have been aware? Otherwise, have you asked them why they have charged you double postage?

That is a shame

I must admit I really like them, my first few orders seemed to have the odd item missing or grain qtys were a bit suspect , however Deb went out of her way to rectify them.

Since then I have had good service form them, I won't like I check every order though and weights..

All companies mess up and there will be someone who has been let down. I went to place a big order at the malt miller once, but had a few questions, I emailed the guy there and tried ringing several times.. (a guy called Rob I think?) just got no response so I ended up going elsewhere.. I am sure thats not typicalof them though..

Feeling slighty spoilt in that I pretty much drive past Maltmiller in Swindon & Arkwrights in Highworth on the way to / from work each day ; does nothing for the finances I have to say..

Its a shame Niman had this experience. I've never had the slightest difficulty with them and have ordered at least six or seven times from them. Probably more,but I can't recall exactly - brain damage from the product. :)

I always check carefully the content of the box because I 've read of others having the wrong stuff delivered, but always perfect so far.

It's difficult to know exactly who is responsible for website sessions expiring and conking out. It could be the users's wireless router just in the corner of the hall rather than the seller. I've NEVER had any problem with their website. It is fast and well set up (except I get annoyed at the random way the hops are listed. Alphabetical order would help a bit there). I have sixty megabits/sec internet though. I doubt that Geterbrewed are responsible for the website shenanigans or we'd all be having that kind of problem and I don't think we are. A bad website will foul up all the time, not now and then.

On DPD - an excellent company. I've had a lot of stuff from them and they send an email with a one hour slot for delivery. They ALWAYS deliver in the first half hour of their one hour slot in my experience. I can't speak too highly of them. In case you think I am living in a fuzzy cloud of charitableness - I'm not. I'm an absolute B -------ard with people who let me down.

Only used them once , only a smallish order for hops, small amounts of grain and spray malts but even with the postage it was a good buy and delivery was quick. All ok as well so will use them again when i need to.

Ordered 3 custom recipe kits for my lone order.
No problems from geterbrewed, although lesson learned don't order on the Friday of a holiday weekend.

Parcelforce here were less than great, although that was partly because the 17kg of grain was too big/heavy to be left with a local post office. I much prefer dpd who have been great to date.

Never had an issue with um service always great. If I was yo moan I like labels on grain bags rather than permanent marker which I struggle to read.

Won hops in their comp and duly delivered with my order. I have nothing but praise for the three or four dealings with them even once changing my order after it was confirmed and arrived with the changed item the next day, good service in my book!
my only gripe is the postal charges they have gone up but if I order a few items at a time it balances out.
Love their Slovenian hops and have reordered twice!

+1 for DPD always on time.

All companies mess up and there will be someone who has been let down. I went to place a big order at the malt miller once, but had a few questions, I emailed the guy there and tried ringing several times.. (a guy called Rob I think?) just got no response so I ended up going elsewhere.. I am sure thats not typicalof them though..

I have used Malt Miller, Worcesterhops, Leylandhomebrew, hopand grape, HBC and geterberwered and never once had a bad order or late delivery. I think they all run at a high standard but there will always be an error somehwere.

my only gripe with them all is that price differentials and delivery costs mean I sometimes have to place orders on different sites to get what I want, oh for a giant HBS that sells EVERYTHING at rock bottom prices and cheap delivery - a national chain maybe with a shop in every region.

oh for a giant HBS that sells EVERYTHING at rock bottom prices and cheap delivery - a national chain maybe with a shop in every region.

They would put all the small local home brew shops out of business, i would love a local HBS we have nothing here.

Back