Brewnight: It's a peach (punch)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Fancied a go at some more punch so put this wee baby on tonight

6L Robinson no added sugar peach barley cordial
2.5kg sugar
5tsp yeast nutrient
Cider yeast with sweetener off ebay

Simmered cordial for 20 mins and popped in FV (on top of a few L of cold water), topped up to 25L with cold water.....

Temp about 30deg so waiting until down to 25 before pitching yeast

SG 1.040 and should get down to 1.000 so including priming sugar... est abv ca. 6%

cfb6d5e1133be99d575269883cc5ae27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've done the peach one and very nice it is, it doesn't taste of alcohol at all and caught me out on more than one hot summer day last year. I brewed mine 1 1/2 bottle to 1 kg of sugar in an 8L batch I guessed it was somewhere about 8-10%. In that batch I also did strawberry and kiwi and also raspberry and orange but over all the peach was my favourite.

Boof, a quick SG reading and it's at 1.000 already 😃😃😃

Will bottle this baby this week in preparation for our long hot summer 😎

Although we had a hailstoned shower yesterday 😞 but the weather won't hold me back 😵😵😵

Thought I might as well make a (bottling) night of it ..phew 😃

Batch primed with 320g of tate & lyle granulated sugar dissolved in 2/3 pint of hot water, cooled before adding to the carboy/bottling bucket

Now 46 bottles of peachy goodness better off

Thanks again to member 'second to none' for the inspiration (sticky thread in brewdays) well played fella !

2551bce213fa30bf61f8960265bc5fe2.jpg

had a cheeky taste of this at the weekend, and despite a fair whack of sugar in it, isn't very fizzy at all :oops:

Have stuck it under the stairs now, so will see if it improves with another week or so

Get more bottles mate 😀

Ha! I have been stashing all my 500ml glass bottles in the garage, until I get a bottle capper

I've just been out and bought 6L of robinsons Summer Fruits Barley ready to have a crack at this recipe. Just wondering what the reason is for simmering the cordial prior to putting in FV?

hmm, another week and it's still flat as a witches t*t.. bugger

not sure why it's not carbed up much, there was plenty priming sugar chucked in, maybe my yeast had had enough and thrown in the towel :doh:

I've just been out and bought 6L of robinsons Summer Fruits Barley ready to have a crack at this recipe. Just wondering what the reason is for simmering the cordial prior to putting in FV?

I now never use anything with preservative in it as my first ribena wine (boiled for 15 minutes) failed miserably, i am convinced boiling doesn't get rid of the preservative (or not all of it) and it eventually kills the yeast before your wine has fully fermented, others disagree but i have read enough "my ribena wine has stopped bubbling and it is far too sweet" and "my ribena wine has taken weeks to ferment and its still at 1020" to know its not the best juice to use for wine making.

bobbins... after another sample last night I've reached the conclusion that it's pretty ****

shame I have 40 bottles to remind me of that haha

Could be something in your comment chippy_tea, maybe the yeast struggled enough to ferment the primary brew and didn't have enough to carb up once bottled. On reflection I think I'll steer clear of preservative added juice if I can help it.

Now, what next... :)

I'm still going to have a crack at the Summer Fruits version. Do you think the trick might be to not let it go on fermenting for too long?

In fact, thinking about it, I bought the same cider yeast with sweetener on eBay. Maybe I should be using something a bit more robust?

Yeh I think the last couple of times I made it with youngs super wine yeast compound...

Hmm maybe better using that stuff actually

Yip I'm getting to the last few bottles of this batch and don't reckon I'll make another...

But that's just me 😃

I boiled the first few NAS barley squashes I used but since then I haven't bothered boiling for the TC's I've made and they fermented out fine and the missus loves em.

Latest posts

Back