Yeast pitch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ped

Reaction score
Hi on to my second brew now. I have started at low end to be safe and brew a gallon each time. I down sized from my 23l fermentor to a gallon demijohn. I pitched my yeast and it seemed to clump together as there wasn't much room to distribute evenly. Is this going to be a problem or will it sort itself out?

Thanks in advance

Hi on to my second brew now. I have started at low end to be safe and brew a gallon each time. I down sized from my 23l fermentor to a gallon demijohn. I pitched my yeast and it seemed to clump together as there wasn't much room to distribute evenly. Is this going to be a problem or will it sort itself out?

Thanks in advance
It will most probably sort itself out.
You could try hydrating your dried yeast in cooled boiled water at about 25*C for 30-40mins before you pitch it for your next brew.

It will most probably sort itself out.
You could try hydrating your dried yeast in cooled boiled water at about 25*C for 30-40mins before you pitch it for your next brew.

It looks OK. It broke up after an hour or so and looks to be working its magic. Cheers

Thanks in advance

It's worth trying 1 gallon batches before hand if possible so if it's not exactly how you want it you can tweak the ingredients/method without having to work your way through too much of something you don't like :whistle:

Back