Wheat beers,why not pour the lot in?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do we,or maybe just me add the yeast when drinking a shop bought beer,like M&S Coriander and Orange Belgian Wheat,a cracking beer imo,i swirl then dump it in to get max flavour, my own beers im watching like a hawk making sure no yeast gets in,i done it to my own Wheat beer tonight and it was much better, sorry,need to dash to the loo,stomach making funny noises 😂😂😂
No,seriously, what are you guys thoughts?
Cheers

Your own?
Why not Ipa's and Pale Ales?
Thats what im wondering,sorry,i should jave made it clear im talking about our homebrew Wheat compared to bought👍

I always swirl a wheat beer too, home brewed or otherwise. With a wheat beer the yeast in the glass adds to the flavour profile, whereas certain yeasts actually don't taste very nice.

I took a chance with a bottle of black Sabbath (which is brewed with a weiss yeast) and inverted it on the way from the shed.

I think it depends on the yeast and beer style.

I didn't chill a recent bottle of my ipa and found the (us-05) yeast that escaped into the glass made it quite cidery - was my biggest complaint with the young apa kit.

Your own?
Thats what im wondering,sorry,i should jave made it clear im talking about our homebrew Wheat compared to bought👍

Yes my own wheats. I want that flavour from the yeast.

With IPAs or pales I like a pale, clear pint and i tend to use us/05 which provides no flavour so no need to add that to my pint. In the past too much yeast as given me bother the next day

Ok,cheers mate, yes that's the point i was trying to make, i feel we all rave about fancy Wheat beers (me too) and i always pour the yeast in,i dont mind a cloudy beer, actually quite like it so i may start dumping the yeast in with my Ipa's, if it starts to affect my gut, it will stop but it might give more flavour??

Ok,cheers mate, yes that's the point i was trying to make, i feel we all rave about fancy Wheat beers (me too) and i always pour the yeast in,i dont mind a cloudy beer, actually quite like it so i may start dumping the yeast in with my Ipa's, if it starts to affect my gut, it will stop but it might give more flavour??

More flavour yes, but not necessarily a good flavour.

wheat beers and dark belgian ale yeast I'll swirl and add in the yeast but I leave ipa,triple yeast in the bottle.

Your own?

With my "Wheats" I always swirl and add a little of the trub, not all of it, just a little. Any commercial wheat you should add it all, This is because there is a lot of flavours in the trub that you want to taste in your wheatbeer, the reason that we pour any other beer carefully is that :-
A, weve been programmed to drink clear beer
B, the yeast doesnt taste very nice

I love the asprin like flavour erdinger yeast gives when mixed with the beer and you should absolutely get all the sediment from a bottle of aventinus mixed in.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back