Cornelius Style Keg for £16

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry32ni

Reaction score
I was having a look around a site a friend buys from sometimes. (Alibaba.com) and came across the keg prices. Seems great value for a group buy or someone wanting to get some to sell.

This one offer 19L kegs for $7 each (10 min buy) and they said shipping to uk is £13 each so £20 dollars per keg with delivery. About £16 with a minimum of 10 (£160 all in). And they are new
www.alibaba.com/product-detail/5-ga...60596933787.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.VmWQOx

OR

Proper Cornelius Keg with min order of 50 is $15 each with $13.59 delivery (£23 each but as 50 in min order would prop be to much.

Worth a look anyway

I've bought many things from China including my £120 phone (brilliant purchase) and never had a bill from customs but there would be a very big chance of customs charges with an order this size.

Great if your an importer or ran a small shop.

I have 2 Corny's but don't use them much so probably not interested just yet. I've plans on a brew shed but they are just plans atm and might not be finished for a year or 2. Thanks for the link though, I'm in Belfast myself so it would have interested me if circumstances were different.

Notice you can buy a minimum of 5 which may interest someone wishing to start out in corny's, the price is only $1 more.

Looking to get started with cornies so may take a punt on these, anyone no if the cheaper 19l ones would b ok with attachments etc??

I'm looking to get a couple of Cornys, price looks great but alarm bells are ringing.

I'm looking to get a couple of Cornys, price looks great but alarm bells are ringing.

Always tempting when it looks a great bargain, but then you think... if they can be bought this cheap how would anyone survive selling them at 4 x cost.... most likely they are total cr@p.

Im hoping someone buys them and proves me wrong! I would order myself 5 of them and build up a lovely stock of beers just waiting to be :drink: but I honestly dont see this hapening

I would be willing to split them with someone (or a few localish people) as I don't have that sort of money to gamble away

I would be willing to split them with someone (or a few localish people) as I don't have that sort of money to gamble away

I would buy two as part of a group buy, locations would probably be a bigger problem than getting people in on it.

I think Custom & Excise would make it not worth the while. if they could be proved decent and the cost was only has stated, i would buy some in bulk and let the guys on the forum take what they needed, but when you start talking postage, customs tax, import tax . vat then postage in the uk is it worth the chance , this government make it impossible to buy things in bulk with out them getting there share

Two things I noticed. First is that the advert is for 19 litres or 5 gallon. They arent the same so if they cant get their specs I would be suspicious about their quality.

Secondly, I remember reading that ones like these didnt seal correctly unless pressurised. This might be ok for some but if you dont force carb in the keg then you couldnt use this.

Only my thoughts

Two things I noticed. First is that the advert is for 19 litres or 5 gallon. They arent the same so if they cant get their specs I would be suspicious about their quality.

Secondly, I remember reading that ones like these didnt seal correctly unless pressurised. This might be ok for some but if you dont force carb in the keg then you couldnt use this.

Only my thoughts
19l is 5 US Gallons

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I would buy two as part of a group buy, locations would probably be a bigger problem than getting people in on it.

True, but there are alot of us on the forum, I'm sure there must be enough of us in an area to make this happen

Here’s an example for you to establish the approximate figure. If goods are bought from China for £5000 and they are subject to £250 UK Duty and the shipping quote to your door is £500 then the VAT due would be approximately £1150:

VAT = 20 % of (£5000 + £250 + £500) = £1150

Here’s an example for you to establish the approximate figure. If goods are bought from China for �£5000 and they are subject to �£250 UK Duty and the shipping quote to your door is �£500 then the VAT due would be approximately �£1150:

VAT = 20 % of (�£5000 + �£250 + �£500) = �£1150

Unless someone self employed or someone with a company buys I as then they can claim back the vat.....

Latest posts

Back