Wilko wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolram

Reaction score
Hi all
I've made the wilko wheat beer 2 can kits a few times and enjoyed it. They now only sell a 1 can kit.
Has anybody who made the 2 can kit made the 1 can kit. What are your thoughts.
Is there another 2 can wheat beer kits you would recommend?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm drinking Wilkos wheat beer now, I used one can and brewed it to 10 litres and bought the crossmyloof brewery kristallweizen yeast from eBay, its a decent beer in a plastic bottle 4.5% AVB , gets better week by week, be even better from glass bottle or a keg, will add orange peel or honey or both next time and keg it, very refreshing [emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm drinking Wilkos wheat beer now, I used one can and brewed it to 10 litres and bought the crossmyloof brewery kristallweizen yeast from eBay, its a decent beer in a plastic bottle 4.5% AVB , gets better week by week, be even better from glass bottle or a keg, will add orange peel or honey or both next time and keg it, very refreshing [emoji482]

Hi mate

what did you prime with? And how did you go temp wise? Obviously in Feb it was cooler, cannot get mine below 26 at the moment, nightmare! NOt really sure what to do

Hi mate

what did you prime with? And how did you go temp wise? Obviously in Feb it was cooler, cannot get mine below 26 at the moment, nightmare! NOt really sure what to do
I use dextrose to prime, caster sugar is good as well, my temp is what ever the room temp is at the time, 21-24 degrees, maybe lower through the night

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

10 L ? I thought the Wilko was a 40 pint kit?

I made a Brewferm Tarweiber , as it's a small kit and I've never made beer before. (15L)
Used normal granulated sugar, and didn't change anything. It said to check a bottle for carbonation after 2 weeks, they were rock hard after 1 week so I chilled and opened one to check and it was perfectly fizzy. It said to store them for 6-8 weeks which I will, but the one 500ml bottle I tested was actually really good.

If it was labelled Brewdog, some of my hipster mates would **** over paying £6 a pint for it in the right glass.

Latest posts

Back