Tesco direct - half price!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I missing something? St Peter's kits at £27 and Festival kits at £29! Doesn't look like much of a deal to me.

Am I missing something? St Peter's kits at �£27 and Festival kits at �£29! Doesn't look like much of a deal to me.
You are looking in the wrong place, and haven't properly gone through the stock list:doh:.
Not everything is half price, but plenty is, however the 50% off stuff is slowly becoming 'out of stock' due to folk buying it, like me and others on this forum. :thumb:

Going to pick up some DJs and peripherals plus some kits to pimp when baby number two comes along as I may not have time to do AG for a while. I love that homebrewing is under 'Sports and Leisure' rather more the latter than the former me thinks!

Got a few things off this while it's on offer to stock yp

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OMG I just bought 3 Coopers Lager kits and 2 John Bull 1.8kg kits for £30.50.

Now, what do I do with them? Parti-gyle brews look like the way to go, suddenly, having been handed a free pass to high ABV beer from the Grainfather.

OMG I just bought 3 Coopers Lager kits and 2 John Bull 1.8kg kits for �£30.50.

Now, what do I do with them? Parti-gyle brews look like the way to go, suddenly, having been handed a free pass to high ABV beer from the Grainfather.

SOoooooo it was you. Coopers kits are sold out now as I just discovered when trying to check out 😉

SOoooooo it was you. Coopers kits are sold out now as I just discovered when trying to check out 😉

If only you lived next door, I would happily bring one round. Very boring kit, though. Just 1.7kg of Light LME at around 20 EBC bitterings Ideal for playing with. :whistle:

OMG I just bought 3 Coopers Lager kits and 2 John Bull 1.8kg kits for �£30.50.

Now, what do I do with them?

That's why I only bought one Sundew kit to try not having done it, even though I was very very tempted to buy more. I have a store of homebrew stuff, and try to avoid having items lying about for months and try to keep a reasonable turn over to keep it fresh.

It's not really when you consider the last one of these I had went to home brew heaven after 1 1/2 batches capped

Agree. Mine fell to pieces too. Better savings in the long run going for the £19 bench capper from Geterbrewed or similar.

It's not really when you consider the last one of these I had went to home brew heaven after 1 1/2 batches capped

They must have drastically cut back on production costs and quality because I have one here that's about 12 years old and it's well built and used plenty of times.

As a matter of interest, how much hassle are they for adjusting to different height bottles?

Not much. You just pull the pin on the spring thing, lower r higher the main capping contraption and release the pin. If you've got lots of different size bottle it really helps if you sort them into similar sizes. I dont have the GEB bench capper btw I have a bit more expensive one but it works the same way

Some of what they're doing is outrageous. advertising the high end box kits such as the Festival or Bulldog ones as being reduced from £35 down to £28 when you can buy the same kits from pretty much anywhere else for about £23 all year round.

Some of the prices are ridiculously high.
The cheap ones, however, are mad.
I can't even buy them in that cheap at trade price...

They must have been hammered on the cheap ones, i bought two Sundew has part of my order at £11 per kit its now back up to £26 and very little cheap ones left.

I wonder if Tesco are moving towards pulling the plug on homebrew.
You wouldn't give stuff away for less than cost without a motive, Youngs Brew Enhancer is now shown as 'We no longer sell this product' (which is why you won't find it listed, except if you access it from your browser history as I did).
And the expensive stuff sold by Cleverboxes on the Tesco site (now including stuff previously sold by Tesco like Coopers kits) probably doesn't sell very well either, due the asking price.
Time will tell. :-?

I wonder if Tesco are moving towards pulling the plug on homebrew.
You wouldn't give stuff away for less than cost without a motive, Youngs Brew Enhancer is now shown as 'We no longer sell this product' (which is why you won't find it listed, except if you access it from your browser history as I did).
And the expensive stuff sold by Cleverboxes on the Tesco site (now including stuff previously sold by Tesco like Coopers kits) probably doesn't sell very well either, due the asking price.
Time will tell. :-?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, the Winebuddy kits used to be reduced by a fiver now its £11 which is half price, they are either out of date in the near future or they maybe as you say be pulling the plug, I hope it's the former.

Latest posts

Back