Tesco direct - half price!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whent to my local store and got, 2 x wherry £10 1 x subdue £6.50. 2 x light malt £2 1.yorkshire bitter £3. 1. Scottish heavy £3. = £24.50.. I,m a very happy chappy

We are extremely sorry to let you know that we have had to cancel "Youngs Harvest Lager Kit from your Tesco Direct order 40 pints", due to a technical issue that affected our stock availability. We are really sorry about this and appreciate how frustrating it must be. We have processed a refund and the money will appear back in your bank account within 3 – 5 days.

I have basically struggled with anything much over 6kg in the GF. Maybe I am not doughing in vigorously enough, but I just get either a very slow mash (reduced flow using the red controller at the to of the pump re-circulator) or one that goes down the middle (or even down the carrying handle holes on the side).

Anyway, I have short, but ever growing, list of beers that could be done to full batch by adding a kit or done as a half batch and then then add the kit to a full second runnings batch.

Tesco and other supermarkets are weird. They could be selling off either short dated stock or just shifting de-listed lines with a longer date

My 3 Coopers Draught Lager all came with a Jan 2018 date and only one with a dent. The 2 John Bull Kits are April 2018.

Just come back from my local Tesco, Old Trafford, Manchester, everything home brew is at a give away price
Wherry & Sundew kits at �£5 each (very few left) most wine kits at �£3-5 a pop, nothing at normal price
As I'm all grain now all I got was Munton carb drops 50p a pkt. and Coopers bottle caps 25p a packet.
I'm now sure they are getting out of home brew. :doh:
Cheers

Last edited:
My Mrs just picked me up another 2 cans of lager, a brew enhancer 1 and four muntons stearilisers for £7

Wife says let's go to Tesco. LMAO .. Coopers complete lager kit (bucket bottles the lot) normally £69 reduced to £17. 2 complete wine making kits £7.50 each. 4 more lagers £2 each. Sundew kit £5.50 and pack of caps 25p a pack.

FB_IMG_1488046061442.jpg

Back