Using 750ml bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfrogs

Reaction score
I have been given around 40 750ml grolsch type bottles but have not used them so far because I would have to pour from the bottle twice which would stir up the sediment for the second poor.Other than getting some 750ml glasses has any body found a cure for this.I have read somewhere that Nottingham yeast produces a very compact sediment puck which may not be stirred by the second pouring but do not want to rush in and try it for fear of loosing 1/3 of my beer.

If you pour very gently, and raise the battle back to the vertical gently too, you don't disturb the sediment much in my experience. Best to take out 250ml first, and when you've drunk it pour the rest for a full glass.
We have on occasion used 2Lt fizzy water bottles and never had much problem doing this. Oh yes and you can drink half of it and put the cap back on and the beer that remains in the bottle will be fine the next day too.

Do as the Belgians do...
72e002bf2f5e2f44d2a5c959587f1faf.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys.I never thought of pouring the 250ml first to minimize disturbance.:oops:
I do have one of those 1ltr handled glasses my daughter bought me a few years ago but TBH it weighs a ton empty.:lol:

If you pour very gently, and raise the battle back to the vertical gently too, you don't disturb the sediment much in my experience. Best to take out 250ml first, and when you've drunk it pour the rest for a full glass.
We have on occasion used 2Lt fizzy water bottles and never had much problem doing this. Oh yes and you can drink half of it and put the cap back on and the beer that remains in the bottle will be fine the next day too.

similar idea here, but use 1`lt bottles and two at a time, pour one pint, put half bottle back in the fridge, then use the second bottle for the next. and again back in the fridge.

Use the two half's the next day.

The alternative is of course to stand near a light (this will help reduce sediment consuption) the the cap removed raise the bottle vertically with it still pointing at the roof, raise your chinand open your mouth. With good practice gently tilt the bottle towards horizontal so the tip is aligned with your open mouth and gently let it trickle the beer down the gullet. Swallow continuously, as you see the sediment shift towards the end pull up rapidly.

You will likely need to do an enormous burp at this point adopting this method

Latest posts

Back