Using Alcotec Vodka Star Turbo Yeast for Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springtime

Reaction score
Alcotec Vodka Star may be classified as a turbo yeast but in fact it really isn't and it can produce a consistant 14% abv fermentation in a comparatively short while.
A friend of mine uses it to produce a very clean wash and I can verify that after tasting it - there are no bad turbo yeast after tastes.
Last year I used it to revive a 4 gallon stalled batch of blackcurrent and gooseberry wine and it restarted the fermentation within a few hours.
The resulting wine is quite good and mostly will be used to produce a fortified wine at some time - a sort of blackcurrent/gooseberry sherry :)
Anyway I was told this morning by my better half to make some room in the freezer which is chocker full with blackcurrents from my allotment.
I've just started off 4 gallons of the stuff using 6 kilo's of fruit and Alcotec Vodka Star Yeast.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
I would be interested to know who else uses Alcotec Vodka Star yeast.

Spring

Just racked the wine off the heavy lees and in the inevitable few necessary mouthfuls I have found the resulting wine to be absolutely bone dry (no real surprise really).
I will let it mature a bit in its 5 gallon demijohn and then decide what I'm gonna do with it. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back