Christmas TC !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcwcb89

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm making a Xmas styled cider , I'm putting ginger and cinnamon in to it I've heated up 1ltr of AJ and placed both in it to fuse

Question for you guys do I take them out or place them in to the DJ too ?

Thanks in advance guys

e1c1b65ebdf0fcd93a53f41ae8bed5d5.jpg

6bf966bb966d5a70be851bca0ee4d8a3.jpg

That's it on the go I never put them in but still could I suppose if it doesn't smell to much like Xmas , my raspberry one is nearing the end bubbles have all but stopped and is away down to 1.005 [emoji108]🏼 smells Devine

It depends on how much you put in the pan to start with, and whether you like it well spicey tasting or just a hint of spice, unless you follow a recipe that you like its drink it when ready and see, and adjust as necessary next time if its not to taste.

I made something similar a month or so ago, no ginger but had cloves in it, I left them in the primary during fermentation, tasted pretty good....

too good actually, I've drunk it all, just in time for Christmas.. doh

Haha that's the way to do it roddy !! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] how's your raspberry TC going mines is getting batch primed tonight and bottled been at 1.000 since yesterday [emoji16]

afa7e1e9b7cd8449f00fb6a351480cd4.jpg

Turbo cider is defo turbo for a reason 3days to get down to 1.000 , temp is about 26*c steady that sound about right ??

On the plus side I'll get this baby bottled up tomorrow it definitely tastes of Christmas and smells it to hope it keeps it qualities when bottled till Xmas

Bottled on 21st and looking great !

[ame]https://vimeo.com/146933736[/ame]

Excuse the screeching in the back ground kids TV [emoji85][emoji85] put one of these in the fridge to taste later the other 7 have been put away for Xmas[emoji319][emoji319][emoji319]

[ame]https://vimeo.com/146954375[/ame]

This missus crapped her self with the pop [emoji85]

Here she is !! Watching the TV threw it [emoji23]

9e8b7adef5c1dbe0a36a4dcedefcfdfb.jpg

I sweetened each bottle with 1 & a half tsp of candarel to make it nice n sweet for Xmas and its definitely worked ! Thank God I'm going away for few weeks because I would drink this before Xmas

I batch primed this with 500ml of Aj in the DJ then bottled it's defo gave it a fizz as you can see

Was a cracker !! [emoji23][emoji23]

Delightful sound when you've done the work that created it [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back