Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Brewdays! > Pineapple Concentrate wine

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 16-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
BeerCat

Liked 669 Times on 555 Posts
Likes Given: 951

Default Pineapple Concentrate wine

Knocked this upo this afternoon and was bubbling within 30 minutes. Quite impressed. I had to remove 500ml from the DJ to avoid it overflowing;
4l Lidl Pineapple juice from concentrate @99p a litre
700g white sugar disolved in 500ml RO water
teaspoon yeast nutrient
Lalvin yeast

Forgot to add any pectolase so will add in a few days once fermemntaion slows a bit. Should end up around 14% if it ferments out. May backsweeten with more juice and carb half the batch.

Lidl sell freshly squeezed orange juice with bits for the same price. Has anyone tried a wine with this?

Conditioning Dry Irish Stout with CML US yeast

Drinking American Stout, Punk IPA, Kolsch x2, German Lager x2, Mild, Brown Porter, Mead, Melomel
Chippy_Tea Likes This 
Old 17-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
Graz

Liked 268 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 72

The WOW I made with 1L of pineapple and 1L white grape juice + sugar produced one of the most active/vigorous fermentations I've ever seen.

Therefore be prepared with your 4L of it! If you haven't done so already I'd ditch the airlock and rig up a blow off tube.

Drinking PB: Beerworks Sheepdog's Pride Suffolk Bitter
Drinking Bottled: Young's American Mocha Porter, Young's American Oaked Rum Ale, Coopers Stout + Treacle

Conditioning PBs: Milestone Dark Galleon
Conditioning Bottled: Brewferm Christmas, Cwtch

Wine:
WOWs (too many to list)
Wine Buddy Sauvignon Blanc
Cellar 7 Cab Sauv

Old 18-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
BeerCat

Vigorous fermentation confirmed!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6560.jpg  
Graz Likes This 
Old 18-07-2017, 03:58 PM   #4
Chippy_Tea
THBF_ADMIN.png

Liked 3624 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 4417

As the man said

Quote:
Therefore be prepared with your 4L of it! If you haven't done so already I'd ditch the airlock and rig up a blow off tube.
Forum Member Map - if you would like to be added please visit this thread - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=67013
People Like This 
Old 18-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
BeerCat

I know i hold my hands up. I read that a bit late of should of used a bucket. I have 500ml of juice and sugar to add to it if it ever stops.
Mk2 i will swap some juice for coconut water and try and make something nice to mix with rum.

Drinking American Stout, Punk IPA, Kolsch x2, German Lager x2, Mild, Brown Porter, Mead, Melomel

Old 18-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #6
BeerCat

I forgot to say this started bubbling withing 20mins of pitching onto the foam. Never had that before.

Old 19-07-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
engineer

Liked 56 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Pineapple and Orange is even more dramatic, not to be attempted without putting the DJ in a tray and shielding surroundings from splatter!

Old 19-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
Brewed_Force

Liked 48 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 25

That looks like the expanding foam I used to seal behind my skirting boards..........

FV1: empty
FV2: empty
Bottled: Extract Hobgoblin, Extract Kolsch, Extract Bitter, Sheepdogs Pride Bitter, XXXX London Bitter, Helles Bock, 'Marzen' Lager, 'Old Chestnut' Special Bitter, Better Brew Czech Pilsner, Geordie Mild, Coopers English Bitter, Milk Stout, Coopers Draught with LME ('Light Ale')
BeerCat Likes This 
Old 19-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #9
Chippy_Tea
THBF_ADMIN.png

Liked 3624 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 4417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewed_Force View Post
That looks like the expanding foam I used to seal behind my skirting boards..........
Being all Pineapple it'll probably taste like it
Forum Member Map - if you would like to be added please visit this thread - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=67013

Old 24-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #10
BeerCat

Fermentation finished a few days agao and it's starting to settle. After 3 days i topped it up with 500ml of the juice and sugar . after 2 more days i added some pectolase and nutrient and 200ml more of juice. Hopefully its going to be a nice dry pineapply wine for late summer.