goldings hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baz burger

Reaction score
hi, going to order some all grain ingridients and a bit confused as to which goldings hops to buy. i have picked a few beers from the gw book so i can buy stuff that i will be able to use on quite a few brews.

Mark1964 said:
ive tried finding just "goldings" but all i can seem to find these days are the east kent variety

Goldings (East Kent ) - Alpha 4-7%
Traditional English aroma variety, smooth almost sweet ,delicate and slightly spicy. Valued for its smooth slightly spicy aroma that produces the classic Golding finish. As with Fuggles it forms the basis of many well-known and respected recipes.

There's also Bobek (Styrian Goldings)

Bobeck (Styrian) - Alpha 3-6%
Distinctive perfume pine/lemon/citrus hoppy character. This distinguished variety is well known throughout the world and although identical to Fuggle in many ways it does have its own distinctive characteristics. The perfume-like hoppy character that was again used mainly in European lagers works very well in the less malty flavoured golden coloured beers.

Latest posts

Back