Liquid malt extract

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynchy

Reaction score
Hi guys, when i start brewing again i am going to stick with extract brewing for a while before moving onto all grain. I was wondering where everyone gets their liquid malt extract from?

You can get malt extract from many places online (including some of the forum sponsors). I would suggest using dry extract rather than liquid as it is easier to store, you can use quantities that are not whole tins and it has a longer shelf life.

The Homebrew Company, one of the sponsors, sells dry malt extract in 3 kg bags for £14 each, they also sell the grains, hops and yeast to add to it for an extract brew kit for around £5 (varies dependinng on hop and yeast). Buy a couple at a time as they have a fixed delivery charge :)

The Malt Miller seems to do the same sort of thing, but the couple of times I checked their site the DME was showing as out of stock :(

They also sell 25kg bags of malt at prices to be happy about, I'm still getting over just how cheaply VERY good beer can be made in small quantities :party: :drink:

Latest posts

Back