Alfloc Hydrometer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone seen one of these before??.

Alfloc.jpg

Was given to me be by a mate yesterday. It is very shiny. Stainless Steel stem and possably a coated glass float bowl and weight.

I see your problem Prolix, is it going from 0.880 to 1.000?
Perhaps I've had too much as well!

Doesnt matter ??, just swap the number around and deduct, you will still get the difference in "gravity" required for working out ABV.

prolix said:
it is late and I maybe drunk but is that scale going the wrong way?

Take more water with it prolix :rofl: . The scale is correct. ALL hydometers sit high at high gravity and sink as gravity reduces so the readings will reduce as the hydrometer sinks. Unless ive been useing my other one upsidedown :D

Oh shiny Hydrometer :lol:

I guess -10 is 0.990 by the looks of it :wha:

Could do with one of those jobbies as I tend to drop mine at the most inconvenient of times, like at 7pm when racking wine and Wilko's have just closed

snail59 said:
prolix said:
it is late and I maybe drunk but is that scale going the wrong way?

Take more water with it prolix :rofl: . The scale is correct. ALL hydometers sit high at high gravity and sink as gravity reduces so the readings will reduce as the hydrometer sinks. Unless ive been useing my other one upsidedown :D

oh yes :oops: I should be more observant when I sample... er take hydrometer readings :lol:

Back