Corny Arrival!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey.

Reaction score
Yay, my 2 cornies from Norm have arrived. Could anyone point me to some kind of guide on putting it all together? I have a rough idea but i'd like something for reference. Ta.

Im sorry Smok3y, but only having 2 cornies is just wrong. :twisted: Dont you realise they are very sociable creatures and like to live in groups of 6 or more. :party: :clap:

I read that yesterday and some kind of guide at Jims.

I understand that I need to ferment the beer and rack it off into secondary for 1-2 weeks to clear.

I have my gas tank with the reg from Norm with a splitter, I connect the reg to my gas tank and then a small piece of pipe from the reg into the splitter to split the line for the 2 kegs. I then run the gas lines to the IN post on both kegs and pressure to 20psi, release the pressure and then pressure again to 20psi and leave it for a week or 2 to force carbonate. After waiting, I release the pressure again and re-pressure to around 6psi for serving?

I have read somewhere about using 3/16" beer line to connect the kegs to the taps to help with foaming?

I force carb at 12-15 psi for at least 2 weeks, 3 weeks is perfect in my opinion and it helps really clear the beer.

I serve at different pressures but on average I do 8 psi on 6 foot 1/4 hoses. 3/16 line is nice but it won't do any good if your lines aren't properly balanced.

Latest posts

Back