Decent Sauvignon Blanc Kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyderspace

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife is a 'dedicated' drinker of Sauvignon Blanc, she buys New Zealand Marlborough type wines like Brancot Estate or Wairu Cove, if you know those, but they're £7/8 a bottle and at the rate she gets through it we need to economise! It's a 1 or a 2 on the dryness scale.

It's been a while since I bought a white wine kit, can anyone recommend a suitable Sauvignon kit? Preferably I'd like to do bulk, a 30 bottle kit or similar, but I'd consider a 7 if it was a good one.
Any recommendations welcome thanks.

The California Connoisseur whites are very good, much better than the reds, and the CC Cab Sav is one of their better whites. If you're doing a big batch consider taking a gallon or so and making sparkling wine with it, comes out nice albeit very dry.

I sometimes think a simple table white from 250g of sultanas is a better and consistant bet than some kits or even a litre of waitrose pressed grape juice (better still). Had mixed results from the winebuddy sb, some tasted metallic others where good. It doesn't compare to NZ sb though.

Latest posts

Back