So i found some wild hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonhomebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Or a plant not many hops so i dug up two roots and got home cut off all the bines no hops =( so anyway put roots in buckets with soil and the bines i cut up and put in beer bottles full of water with nutrients to clone them have i made a massive mistake digging them up too early or something like that?

Mark1964 said:
if no hops were on the vine then they sound like ornamental ones no good for brewing

Sorry there was about 25 "little" ones i just went and had a look there are hops on it just really small will the water project work though?

screamlead said:
Normally you dont dig up the rhizomes until after the crop has finished and should be in the new year feb time i think.

Thanks man i just asumed that maybe it didnt make a difference as there was only a very small havest so many more vines to pick tomorrow though saw soem big hops cones only about 10 or so but so many vines and i guess alot of roots so ill dig the rest up in january then its on unowned land so i geuss its legal for me to dig them up.

Back