160- 200 ltr Plastic conicals

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddydisco

Landlord.
Reaction score
I know a few of you have them now but where are you getting them from?? Had a look at the web and not had much luck, ebay are a fortune?

When you look at the cost of a 28US gallon Stainless conical (650 quid!) They don't look bad at all . . . a 120L Tank + frame + Delivery for Just over 200 quid is very good . . . My 110L conical Tank was 130 Quid Delivered Then 78 quid for the frame . . . and mine isn't really perfect as it has a 1" BSP hole at 95L restricting what I can brew.

Well.. when you quote that sort of money they don't look that bad....and the guys with welders may even be able to make their own stands....I just happened on the site a while back looking for water butts....and thought I'd keep the site in a folder...

Thats more like it :thumb: Those prices are half that of ebay. I see me buying a couple from these even the frame for the 200ltr one is only £68! I'm a welder and for that money I can't be bothered to make my own :D

Wow...looks like a result, glad I saved the site....wish I had the room..never mind looking forward to getting my 2 X 100 L pots.

:clap: Looks Good to me..I'm thinking about going for the 60 Litre one....as my brews are about 46 Litres. It will fit snuggly inside my FV Cabinet....Plus it has a 10" Opening which I hope will be big enough to fit my SS Double coil Chiller inside...... :hmm:

Water Tanks Direct Appears to have dropped off the world wide web. . . . anyone have any other contact details for them?

www.watertanksdirect.co.uk/cone_tanks+/search%3Fhl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DYfU%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial%26q%3D%2Bsite:www.watertanksdirect.co.uk%2BWater%2BTanks%2BDirect%2Bcone%2BTanks&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk]Google Cached the Page Here[/url]

And for those looking the contact details are

Tanks Direct UK
Unit 3
1 The Parks
Minehead
Somerset
TA245NF
Tel: 01643 703358

Aleman said:
Water Tanks Direct Appears to have dropped off the world wide web. . . . anyone have any other contact details for them?

www.watertanksdirect.co.uk/cone_tanks+/search%3Fhl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DYfU%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial%26q%3D%2Bsite:www.watertanksdirect.co.uk%2BWater%2BTanks%2BDirect%2Bcone%2BTanks&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk]Google Cached the Page Here[/url]

And for those looking the contact details are

Tanks Direct UK
Unit 3
1 The Parks
Minehead
Somerset
TA245NF
Tel: 01643 703358
Just rang them and they are still in business - someone has deleted a load of their website files evidently.......They are hoping to get it back up and running later today.......Hopefully

While the Oilybits tanks are of a comparable price the tanks direct ones are better for brewing as they do not have a silly 'shelf' where the cone meets the straight sides and they have a 10" opening making it easier to reach inside for cleaning. . . .plus they sell a stand for the tanks for 68 quid which is better than Oilybits.

The interesting thing with Tank Direct is that a WhoIs Search revealed that the Domain Name is due for renewal today, and it looks as though their registrar is a bit keen on dropping websites once they are due for renewal. :hmm:

Back