Co2 regulators

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growler

Regular.
Reaction score
I have access to a couple of regulators :party:

The problem is that every post about regulators I can find talk about using so much psi for what you want ie using around 3psi to push beer to the pump.

But these regulators are calebrated to liters per minute on the outlet side and I don't know if
a, they can be used and
b, if so how to convert the reading to psi

any help would be greatfully recieved

You need to replace the gauge.

Machine Mart do some that would be suitable I think. Do you know what thread it has on it? (or post a close up).

Sorry to hijack this post, but i have two regulators. See pictures below.
007-11.jpg

008-7.jpg

now i have the first one connected up to my cornies and flash chiller. Now i pressure up to 25psi, but once ive pulled a couple of pint the pressure is down to zero. So do i leave the valve open on the bottle all the time?

They are normally 1/8" BSPP . . . they may be tapered.

I replaced my 0-60 gauges with some from Harrier Fluid Power (In fact I used the 50mm ones . . . which didn't fit as they are 1/4" . . . so had to get some reducers . . . I may buy some 40mm ones . . . I'm not sure that I can recommend the seller though, postage is per item, and they would not (at the time) combine shipping (I bought 6 gauges) . . . When they arrived, all in one bag, the total postage was just over that quoted for one . . . plus they took a long time (5 days) to get them in the post . . . If you want more than 1 gauge . . . make sure you get a quote for combined postage . . . before buying!! . . . Guy was also hacked off with the feedback I had left him, but eventually agreed to refund me a good chunk of the postage as good will and we 'resolved' the issue

I will say however that even with individual postage the gauges were cheaper than any I had seen before . . . . or since so far.

corby_brewer said:
Sorry to hijack this post, but i have two regulators. See pictures below.
now i have the first one connected up to my cornies and flash chiller. Now i pressure up to 25psi, but once ive pulled a couple of pint the pressure is down to zero. So do i leave the valve open on the bottle all the time?

You can either do that, or top up as you go along; the former giving more consistant results. The gas needs to fill up the space left by the disappearing beer, otherwise the CO2 will come out of the beer to equalise the levels leading to flat beer.

thanks for the replies I will see if I can get the details to change the gauge

Back