Plumbing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwrw

Regular.
Reaction score
Cheers DJ.
Here's a stupid question - with plumbing "compression tank connectors", I presume that the flange with the two dimples sits on the outside of the tank ?? :wha:

I was thinking in the future to parhaps try to connect (to a coolbox) one of these to a tiny 15mm outer tube and connect a flexible hose with an isolation valve (to the near side of the coolbox) which would allow for a flexible joint (due to the problematic angle of the spiggot) and further allow the addition of more piping via another compression joint at the other end of the braided hose.
Would this work?
cheers,
Cwrw

cwrw said:
Cheers DJ.
Here's a stupid question - with plumbing "compression tank connectors", I presume that the flange with the two dimples sits on the outside of the tank

No mate on the inside of the tank.

Of course what you also need to do is get hold of a 15mm blacksmiths drill and drill out the flange end so that a 15mm copper tube passes through (you can also use a needle file / dremel to do the same thing) . . . makes it much easier to attach things on the inside then ;)

Many thanks for the replies; I know now which way to go from this point :cheers:

However I have noted that a producer of an assembled set-up ballvalve system for HB seems to have the threaded part on the inside and the smooth part connected to the pipe and ballvalve on the outside :wha:

Latest posts

Back