Setting up home bar.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey.

Reaction score
I have just brought a 2 coil cooler, 2 bargain cornies from norm and a co2 valve with twin take off (hopefully he will send me 2 lots of disconnects and pipe, please norm if you read this) and I can get hold of a co2 canister locally so I am presuming I just need the taps now? Is there anything else I will need?

The cooler has water recirc? but I don't know what that is. I have read that you just connect a piece of pipe between the in and out and forget about or turn it off/disconnect it?

I have seen a pic of someone who has mounted the taps to the cornie is it as easy as just drilling the hole, mounting it and connecting the pipe?

What cleaner will I need?

How long would you recommend I leave the beer in secondary before transfering to the corny?

Thanks.

Smok3y said:
Is there anything else I will need?

Pool table
Pinball machine
A few good looking daughters (18-30!)
Then to send me your address :D

Look forward to seeing some pictures when you have finished setting up :-)

I have a couple of these taps from Norm on my bar.

They work really well with the flow control adjuster, so you don't need to balance the beer using a long line length.

I use soda crystals for line cleaning, leaving it in for a few mins, then sanitiser (videne solution), then clean water. This may not be the optimal cleaning regime, but seems to work for me.

I try and secondary till the beer is bright, so there is as little yeast going into the corny. Sometimes I add isinglass to help this along.

Smok3y said:
Is there anything else I will need?

Art work (local interest old photo's), price lists, mirrors (safety backed in case of bar brawls) postercases (for advertising your drinks promotions and 2 meals for a fiver offers), and as a supplier of the above to the major pub co's, I would be happy to oblige :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Cheers

AG (a desperate picture framer )

Here is a picture of my home bar, still got a bit of work to do, as ive got to get a distrbution board so i can connect 4 cornies to the two chillers.
013-5.jpg

I've won an auction on ebay for an old brass 4 tap dispensing thing. It has the 4 taps fitted and 4 pipes coming from them but from the photo they look a bit not too good, I presume I can remove the taps and fit new piping? It was only £20 deliverd.

you'll need horse brasses, how can you think of having a bar without horse brasses?

:shock:

:D

corby_brewer said:
Tony said:
you'll need horse brasses, how can you think of having a bar without horse brasses

Think your showing your age now Tony mate, modern pubs/Bars have Flat screen tv's and juke boxs. :lol:

You would be suprised. The moulding I am using for a Mitchell & Butler pub today on some frames would go very nicely with the old horse brasses. Ornate gold frames are back!! watch out for the horse brasses.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back