Hop bag, strainer or all the gloop into the FV?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheap if you nip over to Belgium to pick it up, that's where Magical Pancake got his from.

It's 10.95 euros flat rate shipping to the UK - mine arrived yesterday with a few other bits (they have some intersting stuff).

Do you know if the spring just screws into the thread on the tee? It would be loads easier to fit if it does, but I didn't want to unscrew it if it would be a PITA to get back in!

Screws in easy, better off using an elbow instead of the tee piece and using it like a dip tube. If there is any entrepreneur in the UK the cost of those springs from China is 2.30 GBP delivery will be around 7 GBP.
Anyone wanting to import them send me a PM.

Screws in easy, better off using an elbow instead of the tee piece and using it like a dip tube. If there is any entrepreneur in the UK the cost of those springs from China is 2.30 GBP delivery will be around 7 GBP.
Anyone wanting to import them send me a PM.

Thanks foxy - couldnt be easier to fit.
Looking forward to trying it out on sunday.
There's a few quid to be made on these then as the tee/elbow can't be worth much.

1507332831375.jpg

The 304 elbows are about 30 pence each the washers are 5 GBP per 100, your tap looks to be fairly low so an elbow wouldn't drain out much more wort and make sure you give a good whirlpool.

As most people know I have a hard job with this!! With all my attempts with one hand it’s now a case of...doing the best I can do..
Filter ova a large net...(after chilling)
Some times using a small filter in the tube (idea from @Leon)
And eventually into SS bewbucket conical...
But some times just can’t get it right!!
Prob with using the auto syphon..
Bri

Ok, it’s probably the booze talking (usually is) but I think Foxy is a professional brewer. His knowledge is spot on with techniques you need for the little 5% that makes the difference.

Back