Potential Micro pub homebrew shop & nano brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much clutter in the RHS drinking area and the RHS window area is a dead area. Suggest bench along the stairs wall possible in the window and two long tables in front. This allows a path through to the back of the bar and/or standing area as required.
Don't like access to the toilet/lobby next to bottled beers. Why not have access to the toilet/lobby from the outside smoking area now access to outside is from the former office? That means you don't use the door from the LHS drinking area into the lobby, and that section of wall you can profitably utilise instead of having to keep it clear for access.
Afterthought.....
Since access to the premises is from the front only, can you get all your brewing equipment through what look to be standard width doors from the front to the brewery at the back ?

Last edited:
Out of interest, how many beers would you need to sell to break even? The numbers where quite high (although do-able) when I done the numbers so would be interested to see if we're in the same ball park.

New layout looks way more sensible. Think you could make this work. Obviously people can spot loads of problems but until you have customers cluttering up the place you won't really know what works and what doesn't as what will work in one establishment won't at all in another.
Good luck with your project. It makes loads of sense for a microbrewery to have it's own outlet - after all, the hardest part of running a brewery is shifting the stuff. There's a reason all the big breweries developed huge portfolios of tied houses...

Out of interest, how many beers would you need to sell to break even? The numbers where quite high (although do-able) when I done the numbers so would be interested to see if we're in the same ball park.

Running costs without anyone including me getting paid opening 6 days a week will be around £40 a day and I plan to make about £2 per pint on drink in beer £1 on take away bottles. So selling 60 pints and 60 bottles on week days is what i'm hoping and double or more on Fridays and Saturdays and any homebrew brewery and equipment rentals are a bonus. Also hoping wastage is minimal but will have to ditch beer if it goes remotely past its best.

Hi Simon, I missed your query. 'Druncan why would I need duty suspension and constructive release? Is this so home brew can be produced without duty? ' Brews can only be produced without duty liability if for experimental purposes as far as I understand it? but no-one but you, can drink it,,, Duty suspension/CR means your liability is not at the kegging stage. You can release when you decide with isolation holding. Better cash flow and duty liability only follows release for sale. It seems to work for us and we understand it can be a problem with bigger volume brewers who told us to get this sorted early.

I have been looking for some type of beer shop for a while and just viewed a potential premises in Edenbridge. My idea is to have seating for around 12-15 people to drink in. Selling cask ales and bottles both drink in and take away. small amount of home brew equipment more can be got in to order. In the back will be a small brewery likely along the lines of a large homebrew setup with 200L pots. Once a month a group buy for homebrewers making little markup on the trade prices. Once a month open brewery day. Regular various home brew demonstrations. Brewery rental, cask dispense rental with cask sales.
Very rough floor plan
iliV1

What do you think, any ideas?
Looking Good..........would lov to help out if i can...............good at TIG welding,brewing,fishing,remaking classic cars LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back