Two small turbo's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Got two small 4 litre brews on today. One plain apple(from concentrate) the other apple (from concentrate) and blackberry (defrosted fruit) and both fermenting with CML cider yeast rehydrated which has got away pretty damn fast.
Not a great lover of cider but probably end up giving it away,having said that it's a nice drink well chilled on a hot day.
ABV of both should be reasonably within sensible bounds.:lol:

The CML cider yeast works pretty damn fast.Tested both today,apple down to 1.002 and the apple and blackberry down to 1.004 so both almost done already.Although not started off at a high OG.Both should be 5% plus so easy drinking.
Intend to leave both for another week,rack and test and if stable bottle em.
Going to do half back sweetened a tad and leave the others as they are - dry.

Bottled the plain apple today. 3 tests at 1.002 so around 5.25% a decent suppable abv.Nice and clear and a nice not too dry taste .Another thumbs up for a CML yeast me thinks:thumb:
The apple and blackberry isn't quite finished,a day or so i guess.What a lovely colour though and clear as crystal

Got two small 4 litre brews on today. One plain apple(from concentrate) the other apple (from concentrate) and blackberry (defrosted fruit) and both fermenting with CML cider yeast rehydrated which has got away pretty damn fast.
Not a great lover of cider but probably end up giving it away,having said that it's a nice drink well chilled on a hot day.
ABV of both should be reasonably within sensible bounds.:lol:

How much blackberry did you add to the apple?

I'm keen to try this.

How much blackberry did you add to the apple?

I'm keen to try this.
i added 125 grams of lightly crushed(defrosted) berries.Could have added more but thought less is best!.
Has a nice 'tinge' to it without being overcoloured!. Not bottled as yet,will give it a day or two more.

Tested again today and stable so bottled the blackberry and apple.
Did 4 straight bottles and 4 with some added sweetener.
abv around 5.65% so sensible:)

Tested again today and stable so bottled the blackberry and apple.
Did 4 straight bottles and 4 with some added sweetener.
abv around 5.65% so sensible:)

have you sampled it yet fella ?

keen to try a blackberry (or real fruit) involved TC too :)

Tried a very early plain apple. Very decent,dryish but not raspingly so.
a heads up for the CML cider yeast:thumb:

Had a blackberry and apple earlier on.Not bad,a little under carbed me thinks,should get better taste wise with a little keeping

Latest posts

Back