coopers wheat jazzin it up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brycey

Regular.
Reaction score
Alright guys

I have done a couple of kits now but i'm already thinking of going extract pretty soon! I don't have a big enough pot to do a proper boil just now.

I have
1 can coopers wheat
1kg of wheat dme
500g of brew enhancer
100g of hallertauer mittlelfruh
1 sachet of safbrew wb-06

So i was thinking of doing a short boil(20 mins) using the dme,brew enhancer,coopers kit and maybe 20g of the hops.Only thing is i'm not sure about the amount of hops and if i add them at the start of the boil or at the end.Also would i strain the hops out of the wort as i put it in the fv?

My favourite wheat beer is Erdinger so i was hoping to get something similar

I forgot to say my largest pot only holds about 6l so was thinking of just 2 or 3l boil!

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated

B

I love erdinger after doing the coopers wheat I found it nothing like erdinger it was clear and watery. If you want a kit that's an erdinger clone try brupaks west riding wheat it comes with a hop tea bag and is dead easy to do. My friends were convinced I had just put erdinger in my bottles it came out that well! Try art of brewing online he will get in for £22.95 I just ordered 2 more! Hopefully pittsy on here will have some ideas for you he is wheat chief!

Cheers mark

Was it just the coopers kit without any additions that you tried?

I'm hoping the wheat yeast and dme along with the hops will give better results!

I will give the brupacks kit ago,i've also read great reviews of the brew uk wheat extract kit and at around £18 thats on my list aswell.

So much beer to try not enough space to brew everything,bigger house required :D

B

Hi I did coopers only adding 1kg of DME nothing else. I have done muntons connoisseurs wheat with there beer enhancer and it was a decent drink but not like erdinger!

Latest posts

Back