a little help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robo

Reaction score
Hi I am looking at making me first wow and would like to know how long you guys leave it in a bottle to age be for drinking. I am looking at some think with a quick turnaround thanks

The best one for me so far has been the asda pressed white grape.

it fermented for around 15 days then I racked it onto a campden tablet let it settle for a week bottled and drunk some the same night as bottling.

Hi I am looking at making me first wow and would like to know how long you guys leave it in a bottle to age be for drinking. I am looking at some think with a quick turnaround thanks

From start to finish -

7 to 14 days fermentation.

7 days for the yeast to clean up after itself (you could get a bad head and the shi*s if you ignore this)

2 days for it to clear if you use a decent fining like KwiK Clear.

That is about as fast as it gets, home brew is about patience, the best tip i have read is make more than you can drink then you dont have to worry about waiting. :thumb:

Once bottled it can be drunk straight away, i found the orange WOW a bit harsh so gave it more time, it improved but i never did like it and have never made another.

For your first attempt you could do a lot worse than this -

Easy Rosé wine (one of our favourites)

1 litre Red grape juice (Tesco)

1 litre Apple Juice (Tesco)

800g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerene.

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

128329.jpg
IDShot_225x225.jpg

Thank for the info and the help got a couple to try will see how they get on.

Back