Those damn yeasties!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsparky99

Newbie kit brewer
Reaction score
So my pilsner has got a bit of a yeast issue. It’s been nearly 2 months in the bottle and after bringing it in the house a week or so ago, to warm up for 5 days, the yeast is still suspended in the bottle(stuck to the sides) there is the normal yeast at the bottom, but as soon as you pour, it comes out and I think you get a slight taste of it. Overall I’m happy with it but the yeast just taints it slightly. Anything I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I let it do it’s secondary fermenting in the bottle out in the garage which was too cold. I brought it back into the house to warm up again and try to get the yeast to finish. But still got yeast, shall I try in the house again for longer or is that it?

I've recently brewed a Vienna Lager which was my first and dont use protofloc or such.Brewed at 12° for 4 weeks crashed cooled to 2° for 1 week and then at 13° for another before bottling which then went straight to the garage and ha been there for 2 weeks before testing.
Batched primed 21 litres with 160g of sugar and has carbed and cleared up nicely and even the missus likes it at which I'm shocked although I brewed it for her.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Anything I can do?

There was a thread on this a few days ago with photos. I get these yeast particles as well.

You can give the bottles a sharp twist on a flat surface and the yeast particles should sink slowly to the bottom. It'll take a few more days for them to pack down with the rest of the sediment.

I’ve brought my new wilkos cerveza and the yeasty pilsner into the house for a good two weeks. Will see what happens...

Latest posts

Back