Christmas ale recipes anyone?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acktiondan

Reaction score
HI

I'm pretty new at this and was wondering if anyone had any good christmas ale recipes

I was thinking of the typical spices, Cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg etc along with oranges and lemons maybe. A bit like a Mulled ale.

Also I had a christmas pudding idea, sultanas, currants, almonds and a brandy flavouring. but not too sure if it'll work

I will probably use a kit, but not sure which type, any advice would be much appreciated

Dan

nice idea. maybe soak the sultanas etc in brandy for a couple of days and add that to the boil of even the fv. I dont know about quantities tho

I have an AG one that I made back in August - could help you on spices

I have had the odd cheeky sample and it is tasting better and better - Christmas in a glass!
Will be ready for our Xmas Party in a few weeks

23 litres at 1.053
FG - 1.012
g
Maris Otter 4500
Black Malt 30
Chocolate Malt 20
Crystal 80
Caramalt 20
Carapils 50
Wheat Malt 200

g mins
Progress 25 90
Challenger 25 90

g mins
Bobek 10 10
Star Anise 1 10
Cardamon Pods 6 10
Cloves 6 10
Cin Stick 1 large 10
Zest of 1 Orange 10

Yeast - WLP 007

cheers for the advice guys

Ive decided to use the 'Dasher the Flasher' milestone kit, and im gonna chuck some

cinnemon sticks
nutmeg, (whole)
cloves
orange & lemon zest

And see what happens, wish me luck :pray:

Good luck with the brew, from what I understand about spicing in beer (my first spiced beer is fermenting as I type) a small amount goes a long way.

BTW I see you are from Bolton, if that's the Bolton near Manchester you must be living pretty close to me (see the map link at the top)....

Rich C

cheers mate,

I am close Rich, I am from Westhoughton actually

where do you get your ingredients etc from in bolton?

Latest posts

Back