:)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has now been bottled, very very nice, tastes like a good quality white wine. I am going to leave this to mature for a few months before sampling again.

Sounds absolutely delicious - great stuff. Have you got any resources on use of pectolytic enzymes? I've never used them in my fruit wines before.

All I understand is that it aids the breakdown of the fruit in order to get maximum flavour extraction, possibly it might reduce haze in the final product.

Right - got some ordered! Makes sense I suppose, I think it's the stuff that makes fruit go all mushy if you don't eat it quickly enough. This chap http://www.gardeninginagale.com/wildwine.htm included a bit about it (going to try his strawberry recipe later, it looks a fantastic colour).

How much enzyme did you use in this wine?

I usually go for 1 teaspoon per gallon, the fruit breaks down quite quickly, even the relatively hard fruit like peach and lychee took less than a week.

Stuck together the fruit sugar and water for this, plus pectolase - going to leave it for a few days to break down before taking OG - will put up pics then

lychee and peach sounds perfect, i am totally new to homebrewing i have just sarted now i want to do this wine, i was wondering can i use another yeast instead of champagne yeast? the yeast i have is YOUNG'S SUPER WINE YEAST COMPOUND, YOUUNG'S WINE YEAST SUPER COMPOUND AND I ALSO HAVE A YEAST NUTRIENT, also do i do the same as wine and use finings at the end?
sorry for the noob question
Thanks

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back