Rich and Dave's Old Speckled Hen Challenge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do, if you pm me an e-mail address I'll send you the file.

The only problem is there was no Golden Syrup in brewmate so I put it in as Candi Sugar, they're both inverted sugar so should be ok...didn't seem to have much effect, it came out close to expected gravity etc.

Dave1970 said:
I was going to go for Old Spectacled Ken but it turns out that neither Ken Dodd, Ken Livingstone or Ken Russell are ever photographed wearing glasses...some sort of conspiracy :wha:

A little bit late, but if you brew it again it'll keep the kids off it ;)

300670-coronation-streets-bill-roache-has-slept-with-a-thousand-women-410x230.jpg

An old speckled Ken :)

Just bottled my second batch of this and it is tasting lovely - had to sub the northen brewer hops for challenger due to lack of supplies and as I had only medium crystal I also added 30grams of black malt (46litre brew) for the colour and this has worked a treat - I have been using yeast recovered from a bottle dartmoor brewery`s friggin ale!

http://www.dartmoorbrewery.co.uk/

Works really well giving a lovely fruity pint :cool: superb :cheers:

I am delving regularly into my batch now and it is really tasting superb, apart from the over-priming issue which was totally my own fault. I will definitely brew this again quite soon.

Back