Coopers Kit - First Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom

Reaction score
Just bottled my first kit, used the carb drops that came with the kit. I was just wondering how important the temps are from now on, the bottles are placed in the same place as i fermented them so around 22 degrees, i was planning to leave here for around 1 week for the secondary fermentation now after this how important is it that they go somewhere cooler, could i not just leave them were they are and just pop a few in the fridge when i want them? I dont have anywhere that's going to be much cooler than where they currently are.

They'll be fine - the general advice is to put them somewhere warm for the first week to allow the yeast to work it's magic and carbonate the beer, and then somewhere cool for 3 weeks or so to condition the beer. I've left mine indoors in a cupboard that sat around 18 to 20 c all the time, and they were absolutely fine - didn't seem to have any ill effects at all.

Just move them to the fridge a day or so before you drink them :drink:

I've just finished the Coopers kit and per the instructions I've used one carb drop per bottle (500ml). I found that it didn't carb up much, and think its down to the fact that your supposed to use two drops for the 750 bottles, but only one for the 500's.

The bottles have deffo become hard over the last couple of days and if you turn the bottle there are lots of little bubbles so i assume its doing something.

Hi nick

If u used coopers carbonation drops on the back they say 1 drop for 375 ml bottles & 2 drops per 750 ml bottles so like me u use 500 ml bottles I just split the differance & used 1.5 drops & mine have turned out very nice
but I've stopped using drops now & batch prime instead :cheers:

Latest posts

Back