Pint bottles dont fit in pint glasses!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyhull

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have 500ml bottles and the contents only just fit in my pint glasses.
So if i get a pint bottle 568ml it won't fit in my glass no where near :?

They are Propper marked pint glasses too!

brew bigger brews and dont bother with it not fitting in....give it to the dog and get another bottle.... :grin:

My dogs dead :eek: :lol:
I can laugh about that now, couldn't at the time though. ;)

Whats the bigger brew got to do with it fitting in the glass?

you don't give a monkees about throwing the bit away when you got another 100 bottles on the shelf....

sorry about your dog I forgot. :oops:

piddledribble said:
you don't give a monkees about throwing the bit away when you got another 100 bottles on the shelf....

sorry about your dog I forgot. :oops:

Ahh i get it now :lol:

No worries about willow, i just remeber the good times now ;)

rpt said:
Do you have a garden? If so, put the extra dregs out for the slugs. At least they die happy.
What would you say if I was to tell you that I've been campaigning for for years for the "people against ****** slugs appeal" it's nothing to be made fun of.

See... people get funny about 500ml bottles...

...to me they're perfect as you get a perfect beer with a perfect head in a pint glass. :thumb:

How much head are you after Calum :D (Cue the 14th March jokes)

Normal pint glasses are good for a pint plus 1/2" worth of head. With a 500ml bottle you should easily get an inch worth of head.

Well the ones I have have a crown and a line on them and are from a not so local! :oops:

Andyhull said:
Well the ones I have have a crown and a line on them and are from a not so local! :oops:

They are either US pints or they are lying :D

US pint is around 475ml IIRC (think it's 473 or something like that) so that would fall in line with a 500ml just fitting in (Minus yeast, etc).

Andyhull said:
They're from a Uk pub!
Just not local to Hull. :D

It doesn't make any difference where they are from. If they can't hold 500ml comfortably, never mind 568ml, then they are not UK pint glasses.

I don't mean they aren't pint glasses from the UK, I mean "UK pint" as in 568ml. Possibly the pub in question trying to pull a fast one?

They just hold 500ml + 1/4inch of head!
They were from a Hav*n park!
Possibly not an actual full pint glass then!

Andyhull said:
They just hold 500ml + 1/4inch of head!
They were from a Hav*n park!
Possibly not an actual full pint glass then!

I reckon the cheeky feckers are at it :D

Back