BeerSwap Feedback

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinleycat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Please leave your tasting notes and feedback here:
Ticket number and any other label info is to be included to help nail the culprit!!! ;)
Mods can this be stickied please?

Many of us will be eagerly awaiting the post(/other courier) in the coming days!

Following a question yesterday...
Just wanted to say that, for my part, I think we should treat all bottle sizes and materials (glass/plastic) equally. If someone sends you a 275ml bottle of 3.6% bitter when you're about to post out a 500ml Imperial Stout, don't think they're being tight! There are all sorts of size limits and weight cut-offs, differing between couriers, at certain price levels, and it's great just to have so many people involved.

Anyway, positive-natured and encouraging feedback is the way forward I think. :cheers:

morethanworts said:
Many of us will be eagerly awaiting the post(/other courier) in the coming days!

Following a question yesterday...
Just wanted to say that, for my part, I think we should treat all bottle sizes and materials (glass/plastic) equally. If someone sends you a 275ml bottle of 3.6% bitter when you're about to post out a 500ml Imperial Stout, don't think they're being tight! There are all sorts of size limits and weight cut-offs, differing between couriers, at certain price levels, and it's great just to have so many people involved.

Anyway, positive-natured and encouraging feedback is the way forward I think. :cheers:
Well said MTW, mine is going in a large elegant glass bottle but its rank - go figure :D :thumb:

Managed to get a 500ml glass bottle packed to under 1kg, according to royal mail it doubles for over 1kg but I shoved it in the works mail so don't matter to me :D .

Posted early so the receiver can re-use the packaging if needed.

Posted early so the receiver can re-use the packaging if needed.

Ditto here, though I don't think people can generally rely on the incoming packaging being reusable for their own bottle: you may be getting a smaller bottle than you're sending; it may have taken a knock in the post; you may have to practically destroy it to get it open etc etc.

Anyone posting smallish bottles around 5.5cm diameter will find an 8cm posting tube (widely available, eg Rymans), cut to length, will take several layers of bubblewrap and the bottle, and come in around 600g. ie, Royal Mail small parcel. Much cheapness and ease.

Let's hope we don't get any breakages! Let us know if you do. :cheers:

My glass bottles were too big to go as small parcels & not keen on sending glass through the post anyway so improvised with 500/600ml PET bottles which will go inside cardboard tube - should be well up to the rigours of UK post (if not Russian post!)

Somebody was very prompt gettin their bottle shipped, received it this morning. Number 2H, feedback to follow shortly :thumb:

Let us not in our haste rush too quickly into drinking. Those bottles have been through the mill, give them a little time to compose themselves. :thumb:
Well Done 2H who ever you are that is a sterling effort!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well Mr/Ms 2 G s arrived today. It's going in the fridge for a couple of days to settle. Here it sits next to my as yet un posted bottle! Cheers T

abe2amu2.jpg

E2 arrived safely today, I feel for whoever sent it, the postage was astronomical! :lol:
will sample at the weekend when it settles out... :cheers:

Received 4f today really looking forward to trying it think I'll leave to Sunday let it settle , I'm going to get mine sent out on Monday I've only got glass bottles mainly 500 ml but do have couple 330 ml is this size ok to send as I could reuse the cardboard tube and I have bubble wrap ti wrap in too

scott-ayling said:
Received 4f today really looking forward to trying it think I'll leave to Sunday let it settle , I'm going to get mine sent out on Monday I've only got glass bottles mainly 500 ml but do have couple 330 ml is this size ok to send as I could reuse the cardboard tube and I have bubble wrap ti wrap in too

yep, its not really about the quantity but just joining in.

Have fun guys, Hopefully I'll have something of suitable quality for next year :D

Review of 4f , since bottle looked to have settled and was a beautiful day I cracked open the bottle, was lovely and refreshing only critism was when poured in glass there was no head at all but tasted nice and that's the main thing , gave my mate a taste as he was helping paint my fence and he said would have been really good with more carbonation.

Lack of head can sometimes be the glass.y mate bought me some really nice peroni glasses; pints and halves. They are beautiful but don't keep a head where as my crappy old carling glass keeps a head right down to the bottom.
The stuff in the peroni still tastes fizzy but is just missing head.

Many thanks to Mr/Mrs 5B who sent me 2 very well packaged bottles of american brown ale...one was the beerswap bottle (330ml) and the other was a brucey bonus to make it up to over 500ml. I would have been more than happy with the one bottle but much appreciated for the thought :) will give them a week or so to settle down and crack them open. Feedback to follow :thumb:

Back