Tiny Rebel bar opening - Cardiff

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you lucky, lucky barstewards :clap:

still got three of theirs on at our beer festival next weekend

they're one of the best in the uk imo

Will12283 said:
I think this calls for a meet up in October :thumb:
Yes, sounds good to me! I'll be away in London on the 12th/13th for a zombie walk ( :D ) but should be around for the rest of the month.

critch said:
still got three of theirs on at our beer festival next weekend

they're one of the best in the uk imo
The ones that I have tried have been well made, although they do seem to lean towards the old "throw a bucketful of hops in it" approach that has been rather popular over the last few years. They're still pretty good beers though but I prefer both Otley and Kite brewery overall; Tiny Rebel do have a very good PR approach though, which never hurts.

Where's this Liverpool festival at then? I lived in the city for around 10 years (greatest city in the UK, as far as I'm concerned) and was usually found propping up the bar in the Swan. :twisted:

Will12283 said:
Is it wrong to admit to liking Brains :eek: .

Looking forward to visiting this place though

No, not wrong to like it! Rev. James can be lovely.. and SA Gold.. wonder if they still make that? Pretty much all I had on offer was Brains for the 5 years I had in Cardiff. Soon as I leave the beer bars seem to open!

D

Sadly not have to enroll in uni tonight and won't be able to get to Cardiff.

If anyone does go would like to hear what it's like there, hope to visit at some point.

Overall, not a bad first impression. They have a very impressive selection of bottled beers and a good number of both keg and cask ales. There are beer menus on the bar and on tables and it is well worth reading them simply to check the prices; some of the bottles are priced at nearly £20 for 750ml! Most are around the £4 mark, which is a little on the steep side. Draught beer is a little more reasonable - the most I paid was £3.70 for a pint of very pleasant 5.9% saison.
One word of warning. It appears that the opening night attracted every hipster in the South Wales area (honestly, I didn't realise that they migrated outside the M25), as the place was packed with plaid shirts, beards and thick-framed glasses!

Grrrr it was my birthday on the 25th and I opted for a beer and pizza in zero degrees. How annoyed am I. Are there any groups in the Cardiff area?

No groups as far as I know but we do try and arrange a South Wales meet up every few months. Thinking we are due one this month and think this could be the venue for it

Will12283 said:
No groups as far as I know but we do try and arrange a South Wales meet up every few months. Thinking we are due one this month and think this could be the venue for it
It's a very good venue for it indeed (cask pints start at £2.80). Is October do-able for people, as it may be a little short notice?

WelshPaul said:
Will12283 said:
It's a very good venue for it indeed (cask pints start at £2.80). Is October do-able for people, as it may be a little short notice?

Shall we try and organise something for November then? Maybe call it a Christmas meet up lol

Will have to go in and try a few of those beers, but will make sure I check the price first.

I can almost taste the christmas ales already lol.

:cheers:

Is anyone interested in a South Wales meet up 23/24th of November?

I would need to know soon as would need to make sure I don't work the sunday

Back