Yuletide brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthwormgaz

Regular.
Reaction score
ia2bYAm.jpg

Started this last night, Yule one out of Home Brewing book, about midnight.

4kg/8lbs palt malt
9oz crystall
2oz roasted barley
4oz flaked barley

The grain was about 62 degrees last night but this morning at half eight had dropped about ten degrees!

Sparging away at about eighty to get temp back up!

Got the boil on now, so the recipe calls for Goldings, northern brewer, and bobek. Also, it calls for cinnamon cloves and nutmeg! Yum.

jqfRrHX.jpg

That's the boil going, bit worried I added to much of the spice, but we'll see. More worried that it seems to be 1042@58 degrees, which seems to only make 3.4%, which is ****. This was meant to be 5.2% according to the recipe.

Now I remember why I was adding an extra couple of pounds of pale malt to these recipies! Out of practice! :doh:

EDIT: I just realised I'd put the temp in the calibration temp box in the calculator on here, if I do it right, it corrects to 1057, which is 6.2%! Too fooking strong now! Argh!

Would it be wise to put a few more pints of water in there and make it up to a bit over 5 gallons? :lol: :lol:

EDIT: EDIT: Tip: Put .jpg on the end of Imgur pictures to make them show up in the forum!

Latest posts

Back