3 kits brewed today

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stout les

Reaction score
Just brewed 3 kits today with the help of my daughter (thanks Sarah).
1st one, I've gone & done it, Coopers Russian Imperial Stout, off the Coopers website.
this will be a very special stout, it came out @1092 sg if it brews down to the expected fg it will be a gnats fart off 10%abv. so it will be treated with respect.

2nd brew, Youngs Amber Ale.
this was brewed to instructions, it smelled fantastic, toffee caramel. sg was 1050.

3rd kit another Youngs, the Oak Rum Ale.
brewed to instructions. sg 1052. it comes with oak rum chips, i hope mines ok as it looked more like dark brown sawdust.

there she blows RIS been in fermenter for 5 hours & i've had the bubbler singing allready, good job it's in a 60l FV. by all accounts it's a very volcanic ferment:cheers:

Love the sound of that RIS. I have 2 out of the 3 cans required, also have 12 bottles of Coopers Ale in my garage for their commercial yeast.

Trouble is I'm low on drinkable stock and that needs a fair bit of time in the bottle to do it justice. Think I'll just go for 40 pints of lager and 40 pints of stout this time around... <sigh>

Let us know how it tastes :-D

Love the sound of that RIS. I have 2 out of the 3 cans required, also have 12 bottles of Coopers Ale in my garage for their commercial yeast.

Trouble is I'm low on drinkable stock and that needs a fair bit of time in the bottle to do it justice. Think I'll just go for 40 pints of lager and 40 pints of stout this time around... <sigh>

Let us know how it tastes :-D

it worked out well price wise got the 3 kits on offer £30 tesco direct. it is a special drink. i'll bottle it in small bottles & put them away for a couple of years, haha thats the plan anyway:wink:

ive a similar brew to the coopers ris conditioning at the moment. i used a coopers stout, geordie winter warmer and a wilkos pilsner. it goes mental about 12 hours in. my one is a little over 9%. i tried a bottle last week after two months and its very promising. still very young but im sure its going to be spot on. ill keep it tucked away for christmas...... 2015 lol
good luck with yours. it will be very very good im sure.

Just brewed 3 kits today with the help of my daughter (thanks Sarah).
1st one, I've gone & done it, Coopers Russian Imperial Stout, off the Coopers website.
this will be a very special stout, it came out @1092 sg if it brews down to the expected fg it will be a gnats fart off 10%abv. so it will be treated with respect.

2nd brew, Youngs Amber Ale.
this was brewed to instructions, it smelled fantastic, toffee caramel. sg was 1050.

3rd kit another Youngs, the Oak Rum Ale.
brewed to instructions. sg 1052. it comes with oak rum chips, i hope mines ok as it looked more like dark brown sawdust.

there she blows RIS been in fermenter for 5 hours & i've had the bubbler singing allready, good job it's in a 60l FV. by all accounts it's a very volcanic ferment:cheers:

Brews 2 & 3 sound good! Ive got the american oaked rum in the FV now, on 10 days so far, took a test SG on day 8, and the trial jar looked like a watery mud pie haha, reading was 1032 so a way to go yet. Theres a thread just about the oaked rum ale les, it would be good to hear your progress with this :smile:
The amber ale is next once i rack to secondary that looks like an excellent kit.

Latest posts

Back